Thread: Getting Around

Getting Around

Anyone else having problems going shopping,etc.I have a van and I can walk pretty fair,but I cannot drive.My daughter takes me to doctor appointments but she cannot miss too much work.Hence,my shopping suffers.I shop online a lot but some times I want to go in a store,grocery or retail.I am just now beginning to eat and would like to go to the grocery store to shop.Or just walk around Walmart,looking.Or just get out of the house.My lawyer says it is a bad idea to let my nurses drive me(liability)I would love to get cleared to drive,but with the TBI I got,the state DOT has not said yes yet

Does your town have a paratransit system for the elderly and disabled? If they do that would be ideal, as you could book your ride and your pick-up time too, giving you time to be on your own, shop, get a cup of coffee, whatever you wish to do.

Eileen,that is something I will check into.I believe there is a transit system for folks like me.If I could only drive again...

brokeneck, driving is the ultimate in freedom, no doubt about it, but there is a woman who lives in my condo building who has a car and prefers using the paratransit for many things, and certainly in poor weather. They help her to the door, they carry her groceries to the door too, so that is an added plus.