Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order a Tuxedo

Order a Tuxedo

My son is in a wedding and needs to order a tux. The local rental shop is not sure what size to order. He is very tall and has long arms. The problem is with ordering the jacket. If he get the recommended size to fit his arms then he has way too much length and it just piles up beside him. But a shorter jacket has shorter arms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The tux shop SHOULD know how to do this, I have been in many weddings and I usually have them make the jacket shorter. I bought a suit and I had them do the same thing it looks a lot better I think.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

been there done that.

i've never heard of a big chain (popular ones being s&k or mens wearhouse) tailoring a rental.

just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    been there done that.

i've never heard of a big chain (popular ones being s&k or mens wearhouse) tailoring a rental.

just deal with it.
    Men's warehouse does do tailoring they just pin up the jacket.

Scott how do you think they get your pants to fit right without tailoring???
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    been there done that.

just deal with it.
    They all measure them them up!

Thanks for the replys.

rceshser - I agree they should know what to do - I get the feeling this is the first person in a chair they have dealt with.

I guess we will just hope for the best..

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman View Post
    Men's warehouse does do tailoring they just pin up the jacket.
    well, if you call that tailoring... okay... but that doesn't get rid of unneeded material.

Scott how do you think they get your pants to fit right without tailoring???
    extremely adjustable waist sizes... they basically just have to get the inseam correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    Thanks for the replys.

rceshser - I agree they should know what to do - I get the feeling this is the first person in a chair they have dealt with.

I guess we will just hope for the best..
    You should be fine just let them know what you want, I would go in a day or two before the scheduled pickup and try it on that way if you don't like it they can make the changes.

Does he have to wear a tux that matches the rest of the men? If he doesn't have a big quad belly, then he might want to consider an Eton jacket type tux, which stops just below the waist and fits better in a seated position:

http://www.worldwidetuxedos.com/item92408.ctlg

(KLD)

Great idea Sci Nurse! Will definately look into that type of tux.