Thread: Injery befor THE injery

Injery befor THE injery

Let's hear about your worst injery befor u were paralyzed.
    it was about 15 months befor my accident I tore my ACL and my MCL in my right knee while cheerleading it sucked I was off my feet for 3 months I thought it was horabile untill my accident now I know I was lucky LOL

Broken arm at age 6. Broken neck at age 29. No comparison whatsoever!!!

Broke(not fractured) my mandible off the hinges.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

When I was 15 years old, a friend and I were fooling around which led to me kneeling on the bumper of a truck that was moving really slowly with my buddy walking backwards next to me when he tripped on a speed bump and fell. The girl driving the truck, which once again was barely moving, slam the brakes and I went flying. I guess I flew around 20 feet before I hit the ground, headfirst of course. When I came to I was lying on the ground staring up and all of these faces were spinning. It's really hard to explain what it was like but I guess I would have to say it was like they were circling a really fast. The mall security called 911, oh yeah, this happened right outside the mall I used to work at, and a fire truck with paramedics came and somehow I managed to talk them into taking me home instead of to the hospital. Well since I was only 15, they need my mom to come to the door to make sure someone was home so I went back to my moms room and told her that someone was there that needed to see her. Well on my way back to my bedroom, I threw up all over the floor, so my mom took me to the hospital where it had turned out I'd cracked my skull. I ended up spending a week in the hospital (which happened to be the hospital my mom worked at as a nurse) and another two weeks at home. That was my sophomore year of high school. But otherwise, I haven't broken anything that I know of.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.