Thread: Van Lifts

Van Lifts

Hello, I am thinking about getting a sprinter van. I would like to set it up for camping and tailgating use. I would use it as well as others in my company. I liked the old swing away lift because it well, swung away so that others could go in and out of van easy. But I guess its not manufactured any longer. Are there any lifts that are small, light, get out of the way and do not take much interior room? I only weigh 200 lbs with chair. I have never had a van before because I did not like the huge lifts. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    BC

Quote Originally Posted by bcripeq View Post
    Hello, I am thinking about getting a sprinter van. I would like to set it up for camping and tailgating use. I would use it as well as others in my company. I liked the old swing away lift because it well, swung away so that others could go in and out of van easy. But I guess its not manufactured any longer. Are there any lifts that are small, light, get out of the way and do not take much interior room? I only weigh 200 lbs with chair. I have never had a van before because I did not like the huge lifts. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    BC
    Get a lowered floor min van w/foldout ramp that's what I have. It's my second one. My first was a ' 97 Dodge Grand Caravan Braun Enter Van my second is the same make & model but a 2007 which I've only had since Feb 19th of this year. Voc Rehab paid for the conversion part & I had to buy the van. Good luck in your search for a van. I'd never have a car again. I got tired of gettine soaked when ever it would rain & we get some bad hard rain storms here in Florida. You get soaked to the skin when it pours down rain. The Braun swing away lift is no longer allowed to be made because of new dept of transportation regulations as the fold out lifts now have to have all kind of sensors on them for safety. Some of the wheelchair transport vans that I ride on the new lifts give the drivers a lot of problems some times they don't go all the way up or down w/o getting in to the van & taking the panel off the side of the lift & using the handle to hand pump it up a little bit before it will go the rest of the way up or down depending on which direction your trying to go w/the lift.

I bought a '03 Sprinter & used swing away lift. Married 'em up - it's great!
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates