Thread: 'Sesame Street' Producer Cuts 20% Of Jobs

'Sesame Street' Producer Cuts 20% Of Jobs

NEW YORK -- Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit producer of "Sesame Street" and other kids' programs, said it's cutting 20 percent of its work force because of the recession.

The company said it's eliminating 67 of 355 staff positions.

Best known as the home of such characters as Big Bird and Elmo, Sesame Workshop was founded in 1968 and debuted "Sesame Street" a year later.

That series, which remains on the air, grew into a production empire including TV, books and online programming.

Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit producer of "Sesame Street" and other kids' programs, said it's cutting 20 percent of its work force because of the recession.

The company said it's eliminating 67 of 355 staff positions.

Best known as the home of such characters as Big Bird and Elmo, Sesame Workshop was founded in 1968 and debuted "Sesame Street" a year later.
    Click here for the rest.

Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy must be missing their friends. I wonder if Elmo is in danger of losing his job. Probably not, he's far too cute. LOL
    Last edited by rybread; 03-15-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot to put in a link
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

If we open these sites can we get a worm or virus? Why else do they post here?
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Thanks Mark, I removed it and it is being investigated.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Thanks, Mike. We had three new posters tonight...no profiles...just seems weird. Why do they do that? One had a male name, listed male as gender, and was talking about the 'hubby". lol

Sorry Rye...didn't mean to hijack your thread.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...