Thread: Frustrated!

Frustrated!

Hey,

This is a great site everyone is so helpful when they can be. Sometimes it seems we're all alone and even our families doubt us.

I just can't seem to find out what's wrong with me. I've had several CT scans and ultrasounds on my torso, and all the blood tests (though probably standard tests) and all I ever get diagnosed with is a UTI. My last two UAs were negative, however, and one was just sent in yesterday, as the first one was done while I was on an antibiotic and the second one three days later.

I get this flush feeling as though I have a fever but I rarely do (low-grade if anything) and my vitals are good. Also, when I go to bed I get chills that last a short period. And it just feels like, at times, someone is squeezing my torso. I've had my gallbladder removed, so that's not it.

As all my tests continue to come back negative. The doctors and most of my family think it's all in my head, but I know something’s wrong. Anyone have any similar symptoms or ideas?

Thanks all!

Is it AD? Welcome to CC.

Hi,

Do you ever check your blood pressure during these episodes? If it is elevated, you would consider autonomic dysreflexia (AD).

Another thought is that with SCI, there is an abnormal rregulation of the sympathetic nervous system which regulates temperature. If you feel otherwise Ok except for the temperature changes, perhaps has to do with that mechanism.

Also, have you had your thyroid checked?

AAD

Thank you Mona, good to be here.

Thanks AAD. Yes, I've had my thyroid and adrenals checked.

I believe AD may be involved, but I don't know what's causing it. I didn't mention that I have intermittent sharp pain in my abdomen just above my belly button that radiates down and sometimes causes a throbbing in my rectal area. And nausea, which comes and goes throughout the day. I'm also having pain in my right groin. These are relatively new symptoms (last few months) after 15 years long years in the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by WPDaggy View Post
    Thank you Mona, good to be here.

Thanks AAD. Yes, I've had my thyroid and adrenals checked.

I believe AD may be involved, but I don't know what's causing it. I didn't mention that I have intermittent sharp pain in my abdomen just above my belly button that radiates down and sometimes causes a throbbing in my rectal area. And nausea, which comes and goes throughout the day. I'm also having pain in my right groin. These are relatively new symptoms (last few months) after 15 years long years in the chair.
    Colitis? Guessing you've ruled out constipation, a gastroenterologist (GI) may be the next step.

If you are having symptoms of AD, it's "real" (nociceptive) pain, and it's the docs burden to find, with your help of course. Don't accept it as some new twist to SCI. Hopefully you've downloaded the SCI clinical practice guides listed in the sticky at the top of the Care Forum index, great resource material, even for docs.

All the best.

It could be colitis or some type of inflammatory bowel disease. I am not sure that this is sci related (not sure that it's not). Does eating make it better or worse? Do certain foods or drinks make it worse? Any changes in your medications?
    CKF