Thread: People Who Drink 7 Cups Of Coffee Per Day Have 3X Greater Chance Of Hallucinations

People Who Drink 7 Cups Of Coffee Per Day Have 3X Greater Chance Of Hallucinations

The last thing scientists want to know is that either caffeine or beer could have negative effects on brain power because, let's face it, without those two things nothing would ever get done.

So we note with some concern a new research study that suggests high caffeine consumption could be linked to a greater tendency to hallucinate. How much is too much? 7 cups of coffee per day, they say. Not even a full pot! So that leaves just beer.

People with a higher caffeine intake are more likely to report hallucinatory experiences such as hearing voices and seeing things that are not there, according to the Durham University study. People who consumed the caffeine equivalent of 7 cups of coffee per day were three times more likely to have heard a person's voice when there was no one there compared with 'low caffeine users' who consumed less than the equivalent of one cup of instant coffee a day.

The researchers say the findings will contribute to the beginnings of a better understanding of the effect of nutrition on hallucinations. Changes in food and drink consumption, including caffeine intake, could place people in a better position to cope with hallucinations or possibly impact on how frequently they occur, say the scientists.

In the study, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council and the Medical Research Council, 200 students were asked about their typical intake of caffeine containing products, such as coffee, tea and energy drinks as well as chocolate bars and caffeine tablets. Their proneness to hallucinatory experiences, and their stress levels, were also assessed. Seeing things that were not there, hearing voices, and sensing the presence of dead people were amongst the experiences reported by some of the participants.
    Click here for the rest.

Stephen Colbert had a field day with the seeing ghosts part. It was really funny. And here I thought I was a medium sitting here talking to my dead grandma drinking tea with her all night. LOL
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I'm practically connected to the coffee pot with an IV drip. No pink elephants yet, but who knows what lives beyond the baseboards?

Thats funny Eileen. I drink at least 8 to 10 cups every morning. No woder I see things.

I'm waiting for a comment from NoDecafPlz..........you there,Joe?

Yeah Coffee...we bought this awesome sunbeam machine a few years back, it sort of sat for ages with me thinking coffee was constipation me....lol...don't laugh...but feel free to go figure. Anyway I made it a New Years reso to get some good coffee and start using the thing. Coffee is great you can be feeling a bit down, have an espresso and bang you smiling, awake and work/creativity seems to come out of you. My diet is better now and I'm learning coffee makes you crap far more consistently. I'll be sticking to one a day only though, I'm discovering there is a little bit of a come down sensation at times though....shit 7 coffees a day I'd pass out....then not sleep for a week...that or have shat me pants!!.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Best movie I've seen this year was the next instal of The Hobbit...that and...No Pain No Gain with the rock and mark wahlberg....piss funny movie about a dumbass gym employee who decides to shake down and kidnap a rich client, of course they get rich then it all goes bad. A true story too. Funny and wildly stupid film...loved it!
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

If your trying to spin a web after a coffee, something in your head isn't working:

http://www.oceansoul.ca/2011/11/caff...ders-on-drugs/