Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jett Travolta RIP

Angry Jett Travolta RIP

John Travolta's Son Dies Suddenly In Bahamas
    Actor's Family Has Home In Ocala

WESH.com
    updated 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

OCALA, Fla. - Actor John Travolta's 16-year-old son was found dead on Friday in the Bahamas.
    Jett Travolta suffered a seizure at his family's vacation home.
    He was the oldest child of John Travolta and his wife, Kelly Preston. The couple also has a daughter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28473634/

This is so sad.

I saw this yesterday...so sorry to hear. My prayers to the Travolta Family.

Teena

I know that tmz.com may not be a reputable source.

Sadly as well, some rumblings are starting to place the blame on the parent's religion. Not admitting that the boy may have had autism and possibly not treating a known seizure problem.

I say let them grieve in privacy and peace.

Travolta's Son -- Fatal Blow to Head
    Posted Jan 3rd 2009 12:36PM by TMZ Staff
    TMZ has learned what may have killed Jett Travolta, and it's not what police have suggested.

We've spoken with John Travolta's lawyer and close friend, Michael McDermott, and family attorney Michael Ossi, both of whom are with John in the Bahamas. They tell TMZ it appears Jett's fatal injury was the result of hitting his head on the bathtub, toilet seat, or both. And they say the intimation that Jett went undiscovered for hours is absolutely false.

Police have said the last time anyone saw Jett was when he went to the bathroom on January 1. His body was discovered by nanny Jeff Kathrein the next day at 10 AM. In fact, McDermott and Ossi say it appears Jett went back and forth to his room and the fatal injury occurred "very shortly" before Jett was found on the bathroom floor -- McDermott called it a "small window of time."

McDermott and Ossi tell us two nannies were present on the trip and Jeff was by his side 24/7. There was a baby monitor device by Jett's side and there was also a chimer in the bathroom when the door opened.

McDermott and Ossi say it is still unclear if Jett fell to the floor as a result of a seizure or if he had a seizure after falling or slipping. There was blood on the floor of the bathroom, but "not a tremendous amount." It appears the striking of Jett's head was the cause of death, though it won't be clear until the autopsy is performed Monday morning.

Jett's body will be embalmed Monday afternoon. There will be a local showing on Tuesday and later that day the body will be flown to Ocala, Fla. for burial.

McDermott says both John and Kelly are night owls. John often goes to sleep at around 5 AM. But McDermott says both nannies were at the hotel and Jeff always present.

McDermott tells us a hotel manager was first on scene with Jeff and the two of them administered CPR. John came in shortly thereafter and John took over for a "substantial period of time [and] was performing CPR and continued that until EMT came and took over."

McDermott says as for Travolta and Preston, the pain is "unimaginable and unquantifiable

RIP ....I watched on the news ...Kawasaki Syndrome ..they said.

Jump to: navigation, search
    Kawasaki disease
    Classification and external resources

Kawasaki syndrome ICD-10 M30.3 ICD-9 446.1 OMIM 611775 DiseasesDB 7121 MedlinePlus 000989 eMedicine ped/1236 MeSH D009080 Kawasaki disease, also known as lymph node syndrome, mucocutaneous node disease, infantile polyarteritis and Kawasaki syndrome, is a poorly understood self-limited vasculitis that affects many organs, including the skin and mucous membranes, lymph nodes, blood vessel walls, and the heart. It is not contagious. It was first described in 1967 by Dr. Tomisaku Kawasaki in Japan.[1]
    Contents

[hide]

[edit] Incidence and risk factors

By far, the highest incidence of Kawasaki disease occurs in Japan (175 per 100,000), though its incidence in the United States is increasing. Kawasaki disease is predominantly a disease of young children, with 80% of patients younger than 5 years of age.
    The disease affects boys more than girls. Approximately 2000-4000 cases are identified in the United States each year.[2][3]

[edit] Causes

The causative agent of Kawasaki disease is still unknown,[4][5][6] but current theories center primarily on immunological causes for the disease. Evidence increasingly points to an infectious etiology, but debate continues on whether the cause is a conventional antigenic substance or a superantigen.[7] Per a Children's Hospital Boston / Harvard Medical School information page on the disease, "Some studies have found associations between the occurrence of Kawasaki disease and recent exposure to carpet cleaning or residence near a body of stagnant water; however, cause and effect have not been established."[3] People for many years have considered the cause to be vegetables, while there is no scientific evidence to suggest any truth in this claim.
    An association has been identified with a SNP in the ITPKC gene, which codes an enzyme that negatively regulates T-cell activation.[8] An additional factor that suggests genetic susceptibility is the fact that regardless of where they are living, Japanese children are more likely than other children to contract the disease.[3] The HLA-B51 serotype has been found to be associated with endemic instances of the disease.[9]

[edit] Presentation

The cardiac complications are, by far, the most important aspect of the disease. Kawasaki disease can cause vasculitic changes (inflammation of blood vessels) in the coronary arteries and subsequent coronary artery aneurysms. These aneurysms can lead to myocardial infarction (heart attack) even in young children. Overall, about 10–18% of children with Kawasaki disease develop coronary artery aneurysms with much higher prevalence among patients who are not treated early in the course of illness. Kawasaki disease and rheumatic fever are most common causes of acquired heart disease among children in the United States.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Remind me not to go there on a family vacation.

I just remembered that Anna Nicole Smith's son died in the Bahamas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post

Yep,I'm not going anytime soon.Or is it just young people.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post

In Nassau I got my first severe sun burn ...I slept on the beach ....Damn I looked as a red lobster ...2 weeks of recovery after...the sun was not like by the black sea.The water color is beautiful .Few sharks ...but is a pleasure to swim .
    Sorry again for the loose of Travolta Family.The poor kid died to young.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Sad day for the Travolta family. I guess this is just further proof that fame and wealth can't save anyone from heartbreak. My sympathies are with them.

This is a very sad story, one has to feel for the Travolta family, not just for their loss, but also the media circus around them mean it will be hard to grieve in peace.

On the subject of possible causes and links to carpet cleaning. This is something that is totally bogus and stirred up by the media.

Somebody dies, they just happen to have their carpets clean that week (like millions of other households) then someone else dies and the media scours the country for a similar incident. Suddenly there's and epidemic.

Now I have to declare a bias as I am a Carpet Cleaner by trade and I can tell you there is absolutely no illness related to the industry, which you would almost certainly expect if there was a problem.

So get your carpet cleaned, it's good for elevating asthma symptoms too.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike orme View Post
    So get your carpet cleaned, it's good for elevating asthma symptoms too.

Mike
    That's it. Make your asthma symptoms worse!