Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go dr. Young! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Still waiting and waiting there is hope!
    Ditto.

Go Dr. Young - THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by momo3 View Post
    I had that same question DA. (omg, I actually was thinking the same as DA). Because of the trials in China, would you have to start over again here or could it move right into Phase II.

I am so glad that progress seems to be happening.
    Hi Momo,

From Wise:

We have been preparing for a U.S. clinical trial that is similar to the trials being done in China. The inclusion and exclusion criteria for the trial have not yet been settled. The trial will be for chronic spinal cord injury. Other details still remain to be determined. Discussions are underway with several hospitals in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and Texas. As soon as there is reliable information, I will try to post it here.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=133

We will be carrying out U.S. clinical trials that parallel the phase 3 trial cord blood mononuclear cell and lithium treatment that we are planning in China.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...83&postcount=2

Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait and see what is said and posted after this weekend in Austin. It is all so hopeful.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait and see what is said and posted after this weekend in Austin. It is all so hopeful.
    i was thinking if what they were seeing in china wasn't good results, then why do it here.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to spend my life trying to help debilitated people. To spend years, long hours of the day well into the night, and traveling to the far reaches of the earth meeting with other scientists, reading their data. Then return to those people and bring hope, answering all of their questions good and idiotic with kindness and understanding. Only to have a few of those people spit in my face with doubt, mistrust, negativity and spite. Tell us what that's like Dr. Young.
    Last edited by jhope; 03-13-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    i was thinking if what they were seeing in china wasn't good results, then why do it here.
    Why assume that the Chinese trials didn't yield good results?

Wise seemed satisfied with the data. They've only done safety stuff so far. The efficacy phase has not even begun.

If the efficacy phase hasn't been done yet, isn't that phase I in "clinical trial" language? I was assuming that the trials were yielding good results to start a phase III trial here. Isn't there four phases to go through before possible FDA approval? I just want to make sure I have the order right, etc. Is there going to be anyone posting about this event? Thanks for all the info.

If the efficacy phase hasn't been done yet, isn't that phase I in "clinical trial" language? I was assuming that the trials were yielding good results to start a phase III trial here. Isn't there four phases to go through before possible FDA approval? I just want to make sure I have the order right, etc. Is there going to be anyone posting about this event? Thanks for all the info.
    There's usually three phases, but sometimes four are needed.

Thankfully, there are sometimes Phase I/IIa trials like what Geron is doing, which focuses on a combination of safety and efficacy. If all goes well, only one additional trial will be required for FDA approval.

If all goes extremely well, the FDA can approve the treatment on a compassionate-use basis while the second (and possibly third) trial is ongoing.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

This is great news... and a long time coming.
    Let's speed it up.
    What do you need Dr. Young? Lots of coffee? Let's hook it up. I'll ship you Tim Hortons! It's coffee on crack!

Okay, now I finally understand. Here is hoping for trials that go extremely well.