Thread: HELP my hospital stay at Jackson Miami after surgery

HELP my hospital stay at Jackson Miami after surgery

Hi All

I just want to know without going into great detatail if anyone had a bad experience after surgery at Jackson memorial. My care was so bad that after surgery that was going toremove scar tissue went into a complete untethering of the cord. After surgery I found out that I cant do anything for 4 weeks. The care was so poor that I had to physically leave friday night tether cord or not wheelchair to taxi, taxi to university of Miami next door. At least here I have the basicneeds met including pain meds for this surgery that hurts like hell. I am still amazed that they let me leave 7 days post /op with i/v still in???

Anyone here of such care. Now my only concern is getting back to rehab at Kessler I am from NY and have no one down here which makes it that more scary. Any sugestions???

Thanks

I heard the care was the pits there. Great surgeons but crap care. The Doctors/Surgeons need to be partially blamed imo.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis