Thread: Visage HCI - Control the mouse with a webcam

Visage HCI - Control the mouse with a webcam

I just ran across Visage HCI while browsing SourceForge, and it looks like it could be useful.

Visage is a human computer interface that aims to replace the traditional mouse with the face. Using a webcam and Visage the movement of the face becomes the movement of the mouse pointer. Left/right Eye blinks fire left/right mouse click events.
    The program is written in Java, so it should run on most platforms.

I can't test it because I don't have a webcam, but this could be useful for high quads and people with locked-in syndrome.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Smile iNavigate for Mac

There's also one for Mac called iNavigate that uses built in iSight camera, however i have had difficulties with it. Moving head all over place and cursor isnt moving.. lol!

Maybe someone else can figure it out better, there is a tutorial video but I'm deaf and the guy talking is chinese so I found it hard to follow.

Here's link:

http://code.google.com/p/inavigate/

Theres other shareware out there that does this Camera Mouse is one, its a neat idea but the cursor is really bouncy and one has to move their head quite a lot , you'd get better functionality out of something like the Smart Nav or another head pointer.

EF