Thread: Please help - scar tissue

Please help - scar tissue

My injury occured 8/04 with fusion at c/3 - c/5 and laminectomy at c/3 - c/7. Symptoms have increased markedly the past six months (intense tightness from neck to feet, increased electric shocks, increased skin sensitivity). By far, the tightness/compressed/stiffness issue has been the worse, along with weekness. I used to be able to use a walker; now only in the house...barely. I just came back from the Cleveland Clinic where I was told there is scar tissue within the cord. Please....any thoughts as to why the symptoms are intensifying much faster than before? The doctor also stated that even if/when stem cell therapy became a viable option, it wouldn't work for me because of the scar tissue. Also, am I left with a future of continual loss? Thanks for any insight into this.

Did the CC have you see a physiatrist or physical therapist? I'd think that at the least a PT would have some stuff you could do to help stave this off. Hopefully Brian will kick in with a response, he's in that field.

If you at this time have increased symptoms and neurological worsening changes I’d make sure to get an MR scan soon. It could be various things creating you’re problems from tethering to a syrinx, and if so better check it out by a MR scan.

Thanks....it was the recent MRI where the Dr pointed out the scar tissue. What concerns me is 1- I'm getting worse from one week to the next...2- does the scar tissue prevent any hope for an eventual cure?

Quote Originally Posted by denny4104 View Post
    Thanks....it was the recent MRI where the Dr pointed out the scar tissue. What concerns me is 1- I'm getting worse from one week to the next...2- does the scar tissue prevent any hope for an eventual cure?
    You might get more responses about scar tissue by posting in the Cure section.

I see you get answer on neurological plusses and minuses, in other threads, which is good. As for item #2 scare tissue. I believe I can answer like anybody; some say it is there, some say it is a problem, and some say it is noting to care about. Thing is, more research for understanding the cord is required. Too long one go by chance and result (not cause and effect), bout time one man up and become serious.

I'm getting worse daily, now losing function and sensation as well as pains always worsening, yet my MRI is allegedy unchanged over the years, and no doctor wanted to do anything.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I'm getting worse daily, now losing function and sensation as well as pains always worsening, yet my MRI is allegedy unchanged over the years, and no doctor wanted to do anything.
    Alan, we are supposed to be spinal cord injured ppl forever, to accept and dwell, -I dunno.

27+ years of torture and agony is more than enough. Every second is hell. I have no desire to anything any more, nor the ability to do much.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    27+ years of torture and agony is more than enough. Every second is hell. I have no desire to anything any more, nor the ability to do much.
    Sorry buddy human, -I don’t know what to tell, only to wish good out there, for so many of us.