Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folding wheelchair for Trike

Folding wheelchair for Trike

I have been reading through the forums about different folding chairs. I have a Quickie Spyder which they don't make anymore. The chair has served it's purpose well and has lasted pretty well, although I only use it when I drive my Trans Am as it is compact. I was looking at some new ones and considering the Revolution and was just wondering if anyone has suggestions that may ride a trike or bike as to one that works best. If the Rev isn't much better or smaller I may just continue using the Spyder.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

kr420am,

I work for the makers of the Flight Ultralight Wheelchair. It is the world's narrowest folding wheelchair, The world's lightest folding wheelchair, and also locks fully rigid when you are in it giving you rigid wheelchair performance. Plus it comes standard with a solid seating surface for better postural support. You might check it out and see if it will work in your situation.
    http://www.airwheelchair.com

Best regards,

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair Designer View Post
    kr420am,

I work for the makers of the Flight Ultralight Wheelchair. It is the world's narrowest folding wheelchair, The world's lightest folding wheelchair, and also locks fully rigid when you are in it giving you rigid wheelchair performance. Plus it comes standard with a solid seating surface for better postural support. You might check it out and see if it will work in your situation.
    http://www.airwheelchair.com

Best regards,

Keith

The cost are kind of high.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by van damn View Post
    The cost are kind of high.
    Yeah Think
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

van damn,

We recently were able to lower our retail cost to $2950. It is a good price considering you are getting both a Rigid wheelchair and a Folder all in one. In my humble opinion it is a bargain compared to other high end wheelchairs.

kr420am,

I'll attach a video link to three testimonials. The first two are from a few years ago. The one in the middle compares our product to a revolution. We shot that testimonial because we originally planed to market our product as a competing product to the revolution. However once we talked to some dealers and got bad feedback on the durability and operation of the revolution we decided it would be better not to market our product as being comparable to it.
    The file is big, so don't try to watch it if you're on a dial-up connection. Sorry about the quality of the video. I shot it myself.
    http://www.airwheelchair.com/videos/2_Users.wmv

Still patiently waiting for the Flight rigid. Just thought I'd let you know there's still at least one person out there interested. Cheers, Dale

eta I think $2,950 for the Flight isn't a bad deal, at all. That's pretty much par for the course, these days, for any high end scoot.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

yeah i read that whole post "war" between you guys about the Flight and the other chair and I must also admit that I tend to agree that the flight is very unattractive. Not sure about the other chair you guys were talking about as I have never checked it out. While I also do appreciate craftsmanship, appeal is a part of my decision when purchasing. I break parts on every chair regardless. They are usually fixable. Heck my first invacare frame snapped and I had to have my buddy weld it. I wouldn't buy a car I thought was ugly just because it runs well. I did read the response that the all black model was ok looking and I will look for some Google pics to judge, but that one with the flag on it is just horrid looking, at least to me. Any other good model reviews?? I would be curious to hear from someone using it on a bike, or possibly sled etc.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair Designer View Post
    We recently were able to lower our retail cost to $2950. It is a good price considering you are getting both a Rigid wheelchair and a Folder all in one. In my humble opinion it is a bargain compared to other high end wheelchairs.
    that's bare bones w/o "accessories" that come on "other high end chairs" though... e.g. add soft roll casters, sideguards, and better wheels (spinergy)... price jumps over $4000 really easily.

just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by kr420am View Post
    yeah i read that whole post "war" between you guys about the Flight and the other chair and I must also admit that I tend to agree that the flight is very unattractive. Not sure about the other chair you guys were talking about as I have never checked it out. While I also do appreciate craftsmanship, appeal is a part of my decision when purchasing. I break parts on every chair regardless. They are usually fixable. Heck my first invacare frame snapped and I had to have my buddy weld it. I wouldn't buy a car I thought was ugly just because it runs well. I did read the response that the all black model was ok looking and I will look for some Google pics to judge, but that one with the flag on it is just horrid looking, at least to me. Any other good model reviews?? I would be curious to hear from someone using it on a bike, or possibly sled etc.
    I am in the market for a folding chair right now also, the bike I have right now I use my rigid, but the new bike will have a different setup and I will be using a folding chair.I am just looking for a used one so if you got one let me know.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Yes, the all black looking Flight is not bad looking, at all. There's still a ton of material showing, but it's not tacky. Looks kinda neat, the more I check it out. OMG, it's growing on me, like a fungus. The stars and stripes...yeah....well, I certainly wouldn't want to take a round house kick to the face from anyone pushing one of those bad boys.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.