Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: cigars-whats your taste

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    You get down this way we will get together and smoke a few.
    Definitely! Heading down your way without stopping by or getting together would just be wrong.

i know a few guys who have made their own, not difficult if you have the right tools and a fraction of the cost. as for humidifiing, you got to stay on it. its a laber of love for sure.

and my god, u can save at least 60% buying online. i always suopport my shop but for buying more than 100.00 worth of sticks i buy online.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

fuentejps, who do you go to online of best price/selection? Are there quality problems (dried out) or is shit pretty fresh? I usually go local and I also buy from Thompson in Tampa; price is good but often the sticks are in crap condition when I get them.
    vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

dude cigar.com and cigar international are incredible..............beautiful condition. thompson sucks.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i know a few guys who have made their own, not difficult if you have the right tools and a fraction of the cost. as for humidifiing, you got to stay on it. its a laber of love for sure.

and my god, u can save at least 60% buying online. i always suopport my shop but for buying more than 100.00 worth of sticks i buy online.
    I've got the tools and the skilz, but I'd have to chase down the right wood and hardware and spend time working out a design. Gonna have to put that on the to-do list behind a few other higher priority woodworking projects.

I've been okay about keeping the humidity good, but less than perfect. I promised myself to do better.

Local store prices here really aren't that bad after you deduct the locals discount. There's a lot of competition, and a lot of supply.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

fuentejps, how's that humidor coming? Have any pictures yet?

not yet bought the glass today. few more weeks
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I don't think there has ever been a more obvious phallus than the cigar.

On a side issue, have been reading an interesting book that describes how Freud's nephew was employed by the tobacco companies to encourage women to smoke. Google it, it's an interesting story.

Talking

I'm late to this party but...

Is the specific one Bill Clinton used on Monica available for purchase?

That would be Yummy!

I used to smoke some good cigars Partagus, Fuente Hemingway’s (lived in Oak Park, IL the home of Hemingway), Ashton’s about two or so a week, had a nice glass top humidor triple torch lighter and nick cutter, the best of the best.

Then I went to the dentist and he asked me if I smoked so I was honest and he put a rubber glove on, got a flashlight and really checked my entire mouth, tounge and gums for oral cancer.

Shortly after that my Doctor asked the same question so again I was honest and he put it to me this way. He asked?

1. How long can you go without food? I said I don’t know maybe a month.
    2. How long can you go without water? I said maybe a few days.
    3. How long can you hold your breath? I said a few minutes’ tops.

He said if I were you I wouldn’t do ANYTHING that hurts your lungs so I quit smoking cigars.
    ^^(A)^^