Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: Austin Texas Open House Info-Saturday, March 14th

  1. #1

    Austin Texas Open House Info-Saturday, March 14th

    Below is a link to the website where you will find all of the information regarding the Open House in Austin, on Saturday, March 14th. Dr. Wise Young will give an update on the current findings in spinal cord treatment and a discussion of the upcoming NASciNet clinical trials. This presentation will be followed by a Q & A session with Dr. Young and other participating physicians in the summit. If you plan to attend please register on the website. This will help our hosts to ensure there is enough handicapped parking, and refreshments. Make sure to enter your email address correctly because you will receive an email with directions. You will not get the email right away, don't worry. They will be sent out Monday 3/9, and each evening thereafter.

    http://adultstemcelltrials.org/ASCT_1-4.html

    If you have any questions PM, or email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

    Wise, Patricia and I are looking forward to warm weather, great BBQ and seeing ya'll
    Last edited by Jim; 03-05-2009 at 07:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member DA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    beaumont tx usa
    Posts
    32,389
    and rain... it hasn't rained here in a month so we are expecting to do a little catching up statewide... it also in the 80's, however by saturday it'll be very cold again.

  3. #3
    Senior Member McDuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dallas area, Tx
    Posts
    3,472
    Yeah, here in Dallas, it is raining and is in the 40's. hit 80 yesterday...
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    http://adultstemcelltrials.org/ASCT_1-4.html

    As for ‘what is stem cells’ – the first thing pointing out on the link is (aside the adult stem cell meeting): The term ”adult stem cells” includes stem cells from the umbilical cord blood and contrasts with the term “embryonic stem cells.”

    What ideological evangelical crap?

    I do understand this is in Texas, but does not peoples there and peoples giving lecturers there understand it is Ok by now to do research in the US as for human embryonic stem cell research?

    What? Is Dr. Young allowing his reputation to the DA evangelicals? That was especially one point President Obama addressed the other day, ideology should not be mixed with science. But in Austin it is a free pass. What bogus.

    Where I come from, when we do stem cell summits, we don’t name it embryonic stem cell research summits, nor adult stem cell research summits, but stem cell research.

    What ideological religious crap.

    Unbelievable.

    Adult stem cell SCI treatment too – very scary agenda.

  5. #5
    I registered on 10 March and have received no response. I have also left a message on the answering machine without any response. I certainly intend to go anyway! How many opportunities do we get to meet Wise in Austintejas?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    Wise should pull his face off as a poster-researcher from this stupid title. Then try…

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    http://adultstemcelltrials.org/ASCT_1-4.html

    As for ‘what is stem cells’ – the first thing pointing out on the link is (aside the adult stem cell meeting): The term ”adult stem cells” includes stem cells from the umbilical cord blood and contrasts with the term “embryonic stem cells.”

    What ideological evangelical crap?

    I do understand this is in Texas, but does not peoples there and peoples giving lecturers there understand it is Ok by now to do research in the US as for human embryonic stem cell research?

    What? Is Dr. Young allowing his reputation to the DA evangelicals? That was especially one point President Obama addressed the other day, ideology should not be mixed with science. But in Austin it is a free pass. What bogus.

    Where I come from, when we do stem cell summits, we don’t name it embryonic stem cell research summits, nor adult stem cell research summits, but stem cell research.

    What ideological religious crap.

    Unbelievable.

    Adult stem cell SCI treatment too – very scary agenda.
    Leif, the "agenda" will be the first investigator meeting of NASCINET. On Friday, I will describe the trials that we are doing in China to the investigators, followed by panel discussions regarding the surgery, outcome measures, and rehabilitation. On Saturday morning, we will talk about what is needed to raise funds for the trial. In the afternoon, we will hold an Open House to present the latest in therapy for spinal cord injury and what nascinet is about. Nearly 200 have signed up already. I don't plan to be restricting my remarks to "adult stem cells". It is a good opportunity to talk to this group. Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 03-12-2009 at 07:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Don D. 73 View Post
    I registered on 10 March and have received no response. I have also left a message on the answering machine without any response. I certainly intend to go anyway! How many opportunities do we get to meet Wise in Austintejas?
    Don, I will ask what their procedure is. They told me last night that nearly 200 people have signed up already and more are still signing up. I think that they are sending emails out with instructions. I am not sure. So, I will ask them today. Wise.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Yeah, here in Dallas, it is raining and is in the 40's. hit 80 yesterday...
    It is cold and raining at 7 am in the morning here in Austin. I am surprised that it is still pitch black outside. I am not sure what the temperature is outside but people should bundle up because it was quite windy last night. My airplane was late getting into Austin and they took us out to a late dinner and dropped us back at the hotel. We have a press conference this morning and then a tour of Brackenridge hospital in the afternoon. There is a reception at a museum.

    Wise.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DA View Post
    and rain... it hasn't rained here in a month so we are expecting to do a little catching up statewide... it also in the 80's, however by saturday it'll be very cold again.
    It would have been nice if it were in the 80's. But, it is good that it rained. That's good for the plants. Although I have been to Houston, Dallas, and Amarillo, I have not been to Austin before. It is my first time. They told me that the university here has 100,000 students. People here are very nice. It seems that every man in Austin is a former football player. I feel short here in Texas.

    Wise.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 12:02 AM
  2. White House contact info
    By Ryno360 in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 10:34 AM
  4. They're THE social events of the year
    By Max in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2002, 09:41 AM
  5. Rutgers Open House
    By cheesecake in forum Cure
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2002, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •