Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Austin Texas Open House Info-Saturday, March 14th.

Austin Texas Open House Info-Saturday, March 14th.

Below is a link to the website where you will find all of the information regarding the Open House in Austin, on Saturday, March 14th. Dr. Wise Young will give an update on the current findings in spinal cord treatment and a discussion of the upcoming NASciNet clinical trials. This presentation will be followed by a Q & A session with Dr. Young and other participating physicians in the summit. If you plan to attend please register on the website. This will help our hosts to ensure there is enough handicapped parking, and refreshments. Make sure to enter your email address correctly because you will receive an email with directions. You will not get the email right away, don't worry. They will be sent out Monday 3/9, and each evening thereafter.

http://adultstemcelltrials.org/ASCT_1-4.html

If you have any questions PM, or email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

Wise, Patricia and I are looking forward to warm weather, great BBQ and seeing ya'll
    Last edited by Jim; 03-05-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: update

Let me explain. We are holding a meeting of potential investigators of the new spinal cord injury clinical trial that we are proposing to carry out in the United States. The trial will test the effects of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cell transplants and lithium in people with chronic spinal cord injury. The trial will be similar to the one that we are carrying out in China (ChinaSCINet).

Brackenridge Hospital was interested in participating in this clinical trial and offered to host the first investigator meeting. The meeting starts at with a Governor's reception on Thursday night (March 12). On Friday (March 13), we have a morning session where we will present the clinical trial to the doctors. In the afternoon, we have panel discussions on the trial, surgery, and outcome measures. On Saturday morning (March 14), we will have a session on fundraising.

On Saturday afternoon, we will have an Open House from 1:00-4:00 pm, to which people and families with spinal cord injury are welcome to come. You will need to register so that they know how many people will come. Apparently over 100 people have already registered.

At the Open House, I will present an update of the latest advances in spinal cord injury, including the various trials that are going on and will be going on around the world. I will then talk about the trial that we are planning in the U.S., what the treatment will be, who would be eligible, etc.

After the talk, I (and other doctors who are there) will be glad to answer questions. Although the Open House is scheduled to 4 pm, I can and will stay late to answer as many questions as possible, about treatments and trials.

Brackenridge will be one of the centers in the trial and we are very happy to be working closely with them and also the Lone Star Foundation that is funding the meeting.

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 03-05-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: edited to correct April to March.

Bob, I have removed your posts from all these announcements. Please see in the Members Only Forum http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...80#post1010380

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post

Brackenridge Hospital was interested in participating in this clinical trial and offered to host the first investigator meeting. The meeting starts at with a Governor's reception on Thursday night (April 12). On Friday (April 13), we have a morning session where we will present the clinical trial to the doctors. In the afternoon, we have panel discussions on the trial, surgery, and outcome measures. On Saturday morning (April 14), we will have a session on fundraising.

Wise.
    This is in March correct? Signed up, looking forward to it...

I registered. Hope to run into a bunch of y'all.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by quad80 View Post
    This is in March correct? Signed up, looking forward to it...
    Wow, thanks. It is indeed in March. Let me correct it. Wise.

Someone asked in a post yesterday about the location of the Seton Hospital Auditorium, the facility where the Open House will take place. I accidently deleted it, sorry.

The Seton Hospital Auditorium is connected to Brackenridge Hospital. If you register you will receive an email with detailed directions. These emails will be sent out starting Monday, and every evening thereafter.

ok, so i need to register and be there at 1pm...correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Someone asked in a post yesterday about the location of the Seton Hospital Auditorium, the facility where the Open House will take place. I accidently deleted it, sorry.

The Seton Hospital Auditorium is connected to Brackenridge Hospital. If you register you will receive an email with detailed directions. These emails will be sent out starting Monday, and every evening thereafter.
    In Patricia's "Coming to Texas" post, she said it would be at the Clinical Education Center, using www.maps.google.com and putting:

clinical education center austin,tx

in the text box, shows it to be at 601 E15th St. If I remember right(used to live there) there is a big parking garage right there, and it looks like it in the satellite photo. Easy to find, hopefully easy to park.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

To those who have registered for the Open House Saturday, I was told there was a mix up and you will receive a email tomorrow with directions.

This is the address where the Open House will be held- 1345 Philomena Street, Austin. Seton Hospital Auditorium.