Thread: My niece started walking

Blog Entries

My niece started walking

At 14.5 months she stopped sitting whenever she noticed she was standing and decided just to walk a few days ago. I can’t get up my sister’s stairs but I got to see her on Skype today, booking around like a little powerhouse. It’s amazing how fast it happens. I can’t wait to tell her how she inspired me, made me certain I can learn to walk again myself. And what could buoy the day more than a few blown kisses?

walking

Chilren are the greatest gifts and watching them progress is one of life's special opportunities. Good that you have Skype so you can log on to your niece as often as you like, at no or very little cost.
    Last edited by wazabiker; 03-05-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: SPACING
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

Wonderful! I'm glad you got to see her walk.
    I remember how sweet that was.
    They're not sure what's happening. lol

I loved watching my niece walk for the first time too. Its depressing though not being able to run after them & play. Good thing Aunt Shan's wheelchair rides are still amusing to her!!!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

My daughter has just started walking too...it's so sweet...
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

14 month old twin girls here....one has been walking for a month and a half and the other finally decided it is quicker to walk and slowly stopping crawling. it is amazing to watch......almost as amazing is how they can instinctively find spots in our house i can't quite reach them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by smirking1 View Post
    14 month old twin girls here....one has been walking for a month and a half and the other finally decided it is quicker to walk and slowly stopping crawling. it is amazing to watch......almost as amazing is how they can instinctively find spots in our house i can't quite reach them :-)

Ahhh how cute. Now you're in trouble. lol

I feel very happy for you, random. There's nothing that is more beautiful than seeing your child walking or talking for the first time. I wish you good luck that your dream will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    At 14.5 months she stopped sitting whenever she noticed she was standing and decided just to walk a few days ago. I can’t get up my sister’s stairs but I got to see her on Skype today, booking around like a little powerhouse. It’s amazing how fast it happens. I can’t wait to tell her how she inspired me, made me certain I can learn to walk again myself. And what could buoy the day more than a few blown kisses?
    Thats Great! There is nothing as amazing as when your child learns to walk (although it becomes very stressful since they now can get hurt SO MUCH Easier). My oldest son (he is 4), learned to walk to 14 months as well! I now have another son that is 10 months old and he can already stand, but is not walking yet. I think he is going to be an early walker though! I'm guessing 11 months to a year before he walks!

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I loved watching my niece walk for the first time too. Its depressing though not being able to run after them & play. Good thing Aunt Shan's wheelchair rides are still amusing to her!!!
    I know exactly what you mean shannon, about the wanted to chase'em down and about them liking the wheelchair....my nephew Nathan always wants to ride wheelies with me, hes such a little goober
    T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
    Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
    *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962