Thread: mint.com - anyone using it?

mint.com - anyone using it?

...b/c I do.

it rocks.

& it's free.

& it has an iPhone app.

check it out.

www.mint.com

(just figured I'd share another handy site)

I really like this site...will help me a lot
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-16-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Removal of spam links

Do you feel comfortable entering your bank username/passwords there? I see their privacy statement claims they don't store or even have access to your credentials, but I have a gut-level negative reaction to the idea nonetheless.

Yup. No problems. They're legit.

If you don't feel comfortable using the service, don't use it. Life goes on as usual.

I like the application, just need to get a comfort level is all. Despite working in the field, I've always been a late adopter when it comes to Internet finance and commerce. Online shopping, Internet banking, online bill payment... of course I love them all now. I imagine it will be the same way with online money management. In any case, thanks for the link.

I recall hearing about Mint, but that was back in 2007. There was a big conference in San Francisco that week, and I believe that TechCrunch had Mint in their top 40. It is definitely legitimate money finance site. So far it looks like it's working. I just don't feel comfortable giving them my debit card, credit card, bank account info etc. I believe using programs like Microsoft Money and Quicken will accomplish the same goal and you can do this on your own computer.

Thanks for the update!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Good recommendation. Thanks Scott

Yup, love it! It's nice to consolidate everything in one place.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

I am bringing this thread up because I have started to have trouble updating my checking account with Mint.com and this frustration is making me wonder if I need to get Quicken Essentials for Mac. Maybe you get what you pay for and the free Mint.com is inferior. If anyone has had trouble with Mint.com updating accounts and knows how to troubleshoot it I would appreciate some advice.

I also wonder if Quicken Essentials for Mac does the same thing as mint.com but is somehow better?

thanks!
    arndog