Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's the difference....

what's the difference....

between soft roll and firm roll casters?

soft casters either have air tubes in them or flat free inserts. They are better for absorbing some of the road shock from cracks and poor pavement, but usually weigh a little bit more. Firm roll are made out of urethane or some other hard material with no tube or insert.

whats the difference between them as far as the ride on your chair?

Are you referring to Frogleg's soft roll casters? They don't have any kind of an insert or air in them. They ride incredibly smoother than firm wheels. They're great on sidewalks. Since I've tried them, they're all I use.

no...not froglegs...just regular soft rolls. i want to get froglegs but i was told it would throw my chair off. on my next chair im definitely going to spec it out to get froglegs. in the meantime i want to get some better casters and want to know the difference between soft roll and firm roll.

I'm talking about soft roll casters made by frogleg's.
    http://www.froglegsinc.com/SR.html

i know what youre talking about....thanks. thats not what im looking for though

check out the casters at www.sportaid.com
    I prefer soft roll because they absorb some of the shock of sidewalk cracks and other obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Druston View Post
    i know what youre talking about....thanks. thats not what im looking for though
    You can buy soft roll frog legs, just the caster wheel. You don't have to have the frog legs forks on your chair to use them. They are just regular soft rolls. They are 1.5" width though so if you have 1" forks it's probably a no go. http://www.sportaid.com/product.php?...sa&prdID=44473

If that's the case, like Eileen said sportaid has other soft rolls that are 1" width to choose from.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Druston View Post
    between soft roll and firm roll casters?
    I had first a 5"x1" firm roll casters in my gtx, but i hate them, i spoke with Quickie and they said to me that a soft roll one it will be better for the street, so i by one, but they only had for my chair in 6"x1.5", they was good, but very heavy and horrible, so i liked and hated at the same time.
    And a few moths ago i discover the soft roll by froglegs and they are wonderfull.