Thread: Steering wheel

Steering wheel

I've been having more & more problems with turning my steering wheel and consulting with others have an idea and want to know if ANYONE else has tried it.

Background: C5/C6 43yrs old. Minivan with 3700 ctrls and zero effort steering (tripod and balance weight on wheel).

I'm fairly certain that my problem is due to weakness and the fact my fingers have loosened over time and I don't have as good of a grip as I once did.

I will probably look into a cuff like I have for my left hand and the 3700 ctrls.

Another thought...And this is where I'm looking for input...A smaller steering wheel would help significantly, cutting the distance from my right to left.
    --Has anyone modified there van and went to a 3rd party steering wheel?
    --Suggestions on other places to post this question? I've already asked my conversion company (HDS in MN) and they have not ever done this.

Thanks,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ronk View Post
    I've been having more & more problems with turning my steering wheel and consulting with others have an idea and want to know if ANYONE else has tried it.

Background: C5/C6 43yrs old. Minivan with 3700 ctrls and zero effort steering (tripod and balance weight on wheel).

I'm fairly certain that my problem is due to weakness and the fact my fingers have loosened over time and I don't have as good of a grip as I once did.

I will probably look into a cuff like I have for my left hand and the 3700 ctrls.

Another thought...And this is where I'm looking for input...A smaller steering wheel would help significantly, cutting the distance from my right to left.
    --Has anyone modified there van and went to a 3rd party steering wheel?
    --Suggestions on other places to post this question? I've already asked my conversion company (HDS in MN) and they have not ever done this.

Thanks,

Ron
    Ron,
    I have a friend who had a smaller steering wheel put on her full size Chevy cargo van. She had the same size on her previous van also. She's post polio.

Steering wheel...

Where did your friend have the smaller steering wheel put on? Who did the actual work ?

Peter
    Futurewalker

Quote Originally Posted by futurewalker View Post
    Where did your friend have the smaller steering wheel put on? Who did the actual work ?

Peter
    Thanks for the response and I was wondering the same?

Quote Originally Posted by futurewalker View Post

Peter
    Peter,
    She had it put on down here in Florida some place in the Tampa Bay Area.
    Where exactly I don't know. Sorry I can't tell you more then that.
    BOB