Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floors....

Floors....

Anyone have any tips/tricks/products for keeping the floors clean more easily? I sweep with a short broom and dustpan with a handle, and vaccum the patch of rug. I can mop but usually leave it up to an AB.
    just curious if theres something I don't know about.
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

These are what I use most of the time and then a regular vacuum when needed.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Get a roomba & a scooba. It's the only way to go in my opinion. I don't own Irobot stock

Swifter

BIg fan of the swifter and i have a Kerby that is self propelled that works for the rugs. Mopping is easier but its slower being I have to lock and unlock some many times
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I'm a huge fan of the Swiffer too. Much more efficient than a broom as the junk actually gets picked up by the cloth instead of blowing around the floor.

When I use the wet swiffer my wood floors look dull and streaky. Maybe I'm using the wrong kind?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    When I use the wet swiffer my wood floors look dull and streaky. Maybe I'm using the wrong kind?
    same w/ us on our pergo. looks like shit. only real way to clean them is scrubbing them. ours are mahogony color, dark. so everything shows
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    I don't use the wet ones either, or if I do it is only on linoleum that I have in the bath and kitchen. For my wood floors I just dampen one of the dry swiffer cloths and use it that way, so there are no chemicals being spread around.

That dry swiffer is great for floors only thing with my dogs I have to change cloths before I finish the house.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Dry swiffer doesn't really work on my floors since one of my dogs has long fur. I use one of these for quick touch-ups http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...077&lpage=none. The nice thing about this product, is that the cover can be washed and then reused which makes it cheaper to use than a swiffer in the long run.

Also, I heard something about using a wet swiffer was dangerous around pets (especially cats) since it can get onto their paws and then into their systems whenever they lick their swiffer coated paws.