Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Car you owned before SCI??

Quote Originally Posted by tupac81raiders View Post
    Seems we have alot of people that like there bikes here. Yeah the (What ifs, or had I) can get to me sometimes but I try not to think about it to much I mean I am here now and I survived getting shot so that means something. There's is a ton of 6 foot holes full of people that did not fair as well. Rybread that prom picture made my day. Wow how times have changed. Nothing like a lil 4x4 huh. Andy you had some collection I would say. You owned all of those? Twin Turbo that said it all KVP612. Yeah Imight I am right next to you in Van nuys. I am down to kick it as soon as I free up some of my schedual. I have to finish two paintings by saturday, I have a ton of people that want to get tattooed, and my dad recently barrowed my car and ended up meeting a light post so my car is in the shop at the moment. Stay up guys and thanks for all the pictures. Great cars we had to let go but I have a feeling we will be able to drive whatever we want in the future.
    oh ok word. thats real close, im over here right by city walk. just let me know mang, I can scoop as well.

silver/gray 240Z, 1972 classic (i was injured in 86, but drove 240Z's since 73. i have a picture of my last beauty, but have to find it and scan it. i loved that car. patrick swayze had a ride in it via my ex husband who was helping to teach him to skydive for point break. i was in rehab and had to sell it to ex for a penny or something. never met patrick, but met donny swayze at jump zone once.

anyway, i want to find that pic of my car.

I drove a 4x4 Toyota Tacoma with a lift and large tires. But my baby was my 2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide. This is what I was driving when I had my accident in 2007.

First one was a thing like this, any had one?

Superb handling and oversteering

Second one was someting like this, same great oversteering.

Same oversteering went on, like some of this (not mine cars here in photos, but had the same ones and year models).

Then I was fed-up and bought......

But then I was really fed-up and bought.... So young then.
    Last edited by Leif; 03-07-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Leif, I believe the top one was actually sold in the USA at Buick/Opel dealers in the 1970's. That is an Opel, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Leif, I believe the top one was actually sold in the USA at Buick/Opel dealers in the 1970's. That is an Opel, yes?
    Andy, the one on the top is a Ford Capri (last one a Opel), popular in Europe, at that time I guess, made in GB (other places too I believe, probably in Australia, but they probably did put W-12 engines in it), I think they also sold it to the US. A buddy got one from the US with those big bumpers required in the US at that time (insurance stuff I believe). The presence of oversteering on all those cars above was very present I can tell, which actually was a good thing back then, believing we all was in some kind of a car race whenever out driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Second one was someting like this, same great oversteering.

Great car, but FTR, unless you made massive suspension mods, I believe you mean UNDERsteering or push. Mustangs are not known for being tail happy.

C.

I accidently stumbled onto this thread and since I read a couple of posts. I may as well share with you guys all of the rides I had at the time of my accident since I collected them. Ok, lets see, I had a 1979 chevy malibu with a 454 in it, a 1987 buick grand national with a 3.8 intercooled v-6 with 20 inch player wire wheels with gold spokes and chrome knock offs and a chrome lip, a brilliant silver 2002 mercedes benz s500 with black leather and 20 inch cabo rims, a 2003 cadillac escalade with a pioneer flip out monitor in the dash and 2 tvs in the driver and passenger side headrest and a retarded big filp down screen for the people in the 3rd row to watch on 24s, which I bought for my wife, and a 2001 cadillac deville wit 2 tone custom interior with my name in the headrests and 22 inch incubus novacaine rims and I had just bought a 67 shelby gt 500 of a guy in Massachussets who owns Tango classic mustangs but that had no engine tranny or interior. I got that about a month before I got hurt so I never got to do anything with it. But with all those tuff ass cars, my dumb ass went out on my 2005 suzuki gsxr 750 that night and had a few drinks and ended up sprawled out in the middle of the highway therefore bein the reason Im paralyzed now. Damn thats some bullshit. Now I got a 2008 yukon denali.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I accidently stumbled onto this thread and since I read a couple of posts. I may as well share with you guys all of the rides I had at the time of my accident since I collected them. Ok, lets see, I had a 1979 chevy malibu with a 454 in it, a 1987 buick grand national with a 3.8 intercooled v-6 with 20 inch player wire wheels with gold spokes and chrome knock offs and a chrome lip, a brilliant silver 2002 mercedes benz s500 with black leather and 20 inch cabo rims, a 2003 cadillac escalade with a pioneer flip out monitor in the dash and 2 tvs in the driver and passenger side headrest and a retarded big filp down screen for the people in the 3rd row to watch on 24s, which I bought for my wife, and a 2001 cadillac deville wit 2 tone custom interior with my name in the headrests and 22 inch incubus novacaine rims and I had just bought a 67 shelby gt 500 of a guy in Massachussets who owns Tango classic mustangs but that had no engine tranny or interior. I got that about a month before I got hurt so I never got to do anything with it. But with all those tuff ass cars, my dumb ass went out on my 2005 suzuki gsxr 750 that night and had a few drinks and ended up sprawled out in the middle of the highway therefore bein the reason Im paralyzed now. Damn thats some bullshit. Now I got a 2008 yukon denali.
    '87 Grand National... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BADASS!