Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry, any news?

Also any info on how much fencing is needed? I mean can anyone do a picture for type also? Maybe his fishing buddy? Keeping the dogs safe has been a priority from the start. And is this closer to town than his shed? I know a check up especially for Fuzzy is needed and house calls are easier close to or in town.

I was going to say that $400 would be very high for a deposit. Elec deposit for Ft Myers was $170.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

No prob Sue, welcome back. Glad you are better. I did a Mapquest(google maps doesn't know his town(?)), from a-b, looks like he is ~3-4 miles further from town. Yeah, Fuzzy still has an open sore/wound on her head he is trying to heal.

Hipcrip, I too like it when it gels together.

I was hoping Jerry would be back online tonight to answer these Q's, might as well get it from the horses mouth. Guess the computer isn't home yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Maybe some of us could pay the vet. Prepay or something.

Jerry just let me know what you need and where to send it to.

I would go nuts without my computer so I understand the jonesing.

I am really happy that you get to be with your dogs. I think they should be classified as kids or something more than just pets. It is hard to find a landlord that allows pets anymore.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Wow, this is the greatest news! I am so happy for you Jerry. I also think the cyber housewarming idea a great one. Please let us know what you need or would like for your new home.

Oh my...if I were not so tired, I think I would jump up and down for joy! This is just the BEST...yay, Jerry! So glad that your friends there had sense enough to realize they could help...God bless them!

Glad your babies get to stay with you in a safe place too...yay!

Don't worry, you WILL get something from me soon...I will gladly go early Friday morning and just get STUFF...as I don't know exactly what you do need...and ship it out to you...

And you better believe that those puppies of yours will find something for THEIR houses too...

Take care my friend...

And let me know if your address I should send something to is the same...

I'm not gonna jump on the amazon bandwagon, because I have something in mind here...

Teena

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    No prob Sue, welcome back. Glad you are better. I did a Mapquest(google maps doesn't know his town(?)), from a-b, looks like he is ~3-4 miles further from town. Yeah, Fuzzy still has an open sore/wound on her head he is trying to heal.

Hipcrip, I too like it when it gels together.

I was hoping Jerry would be back online tonight to answer these Q's, might as well get it from the horses mouth. Guess the computer isn't home yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    He's in Old Town as far as Post Office Box but yea, out in the county area so no package delivery except for 1st class USPS packages. I'll see what I can do with a vet call. Is the sore related to the teeth /abcess type thing? Is the trailer near where he is now or closer toward's his buddy's or?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Count me in. Dog food or maybe dog treats or a dog bed? A few bucks for a fridge, oven or ramp? Happy to send dollars, gift card or house / dog warming gifts.

Just have to say... the CC community is amazing. Am really happy to be included and hope that we can fill in the blank spots for Jerry and his canines.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlover View Post
    Count me in. Dog food or maybe dog treats or a dog bed? A few bucks for a fridge, oven or ramp? Happy to send dollars, gift card or house / dog warming gifts.

Just have to say... the CC community is amazing. Am really happy to be included and hope that we can fill in the blank spots for Jerry and his canines.
    I believe Princess Leia has been providing home made doggie treats for Fuzzy and Scooter. Let's see if we can get a vet call out there as a food change may be suggested as Fuzzy is an AARP age gal now.

http://www.dca.state.fl.us/fhcd/lihe...PProviders.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Got a call from Jerry. His computer is fixed, his friend is hopefully going to pick it up late this afternoon. They said his modem fried. Jerry is "jonesin bad" for it, can't wait to get back on CC.

He called the power co., it is the Central FL Electric Co-Op. He is pretty happy, they said his deposit is only going to be $180. He has to go in with a rental agreement to show them, to get it turned on. Plans on doing that in the next day or two.

He called the Economic Council, they told him they can't help because he is not 65. Seems weird. Jerry said he is not worried about being able to pay utilities, he knows how to manage his usage, has before. Chick, I told him you had just posted a buttload of good links, he will look them over when he gets on.

I told him he has a lot of reading to do when he gets here, with all the good posts from everyone, he is pretty stoked at the thought of how everyone has responded to an ol' country boy in need.

Maybe with deposit being so low, people could send him some household stuff, thru amazon or something(I'll let him post as to what/if he needs. But we could still do the paypal thing, because he said when the people moved out, they took the fridge and range. We could use any additional funds to try and get these? He has a small fridge and m/w he's been using, so no immediate jeapordy.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Sue,

No Fuzzy's sore is on the top of her head. I sent you a pm with the trailer address(with all this support, Jerry may have to publish it ). Not sure about closer to his bud's or not, but is further from Old Town, due north.

FO, that page is where I got the phone number for the Suwannee River Economic Council that turned him down, he is in Dixie County.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"