Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Home building ideas

We have a slab in a house we bought and renovated. Things I learned is check the floor's level. We found out too late that wood or ceramic wouldn't work in most the house. We have it in the kitchen/family room area and both baths. Slabs also equal more bugs and ants. Ugh! A roll out height, basically on 2" X 6" base, deck that takes up the entire backyard but not side yard with fence costs a mint since you need someone other than Home Depot, etc. to build or rebuild them. We have professional grade firm pad under a super low, high density carpet. It's worn well but the carpet seems to always look like it needs cleaning after a few years. Move electrical plugs up about 6" and lower the thermostate controls to where the wheeler can waste sunlight or fossil fuels trying to stay warm.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tuna View Post
    Hey John - do you have pics of your counters and sinks?

thx!
    ill get u some tonight bt.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ill get u some tonight bt.
    I'd like to see them too. And while more expensive them many brands I recommend Kraftmaid cabinetry because they use inside hinges allowing even the weakest hands to open drawers and doors. Then many have pull out shelves for pots and pans inside. Just don't lean on doors as inside hinges are not up to 200 pounds of anyone pushing on them.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.