Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who here keeps track of their credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    yup... one reason our economy is down the toilet.
    Scott, they gave me the loan specifically because they knew I would be able to pay it back. It was not a case of someone getting a loan who could not pay it back or who should never have been qualified for a loan. The loan got paid back in a matter of months when my house sold. Meanwhile I had bought a condo with the loan, and then paid it off in full after the sale of my house.

Eileen, I have a lot of the things you list, but I'm only 'very good' at 742. 0 debt, healthy amound of open credit accounts, and the one card I do use for most all purchases is paid off each month. Maybe if I run revolving balances on everything I'll be 'excellent'? I guess I'm not as awesome as I think I am, lol

I'm suspecting that they arent making any money off of me so they figure...screw you!

Andy, I think you are right about the revolving credit. It is ironic that paying off your debt each month is actually seen as less credit worthy than if you keep up monthly payments. The theory is that you have no "credit history" because you are using your card as a sustitute for cash rather than real credit. Bizzare, I know......

Thanks for the link Scott. I check my credit report, not as often as I should, but have always refused to pay them for the score.

I did accounting so I pretty much knew after checking my report everything was okay as long as there was'nt any garbage on it, but it's nice to actually have the score.