Thread: MatRX Elite?

Question MatRX Elite?

Slow progress in getting a new chair. Therapist is recommending a MatRX Elite back, 12". He showed me one, but without the hardware. Now I'm seeing them here on chairs, and, my gosh, the hardware is so ugly! Isn't there a sleek-looking adjustable hardback without such clunky hardware? I now have a J2 and it's not as adjustable(I guess?). The J3 was suggested, but I wanted a simpler smooth back. Do I have to choose between a smooth back or uncomplicated hardware? I don't want all that junk hanging off, or cutouts and fold overs on the back. Help! Thanks!

go here: http://accessibledesigns.com/carbon.htm

a.k.a. the jetstream pro, by roho

Thanks, Scott. That does look "cleaner". Question. Do I really need the adjustable hardware if I order an adjustable chair back? I need it to not take up so much room in the seat. Maybe that's why they're suggesting the adjustable hardware? They suggested the MatRX was good for that. I had that problem with my J2 and have to slide the cushion off the front of my frame to be comfortable. These decisions are SO scary! Thanks for suggestions! Lynne

Does anyone know for sure if the JetStream pro comes in a 13"? I was interested after Scott mentioned it but the site says 10" and 16". I have a 16" J2 now and am concerned about going shorter than 12". I think I like look of the hardware for the JetStream better than the MatRX Elite.