Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I lost my baby girl Onyx

Unhappy I lost my baby girl Onyx

I have always dreaded threads that have people losing their pets because I never wanted to think about that...but yesterday my worst nightmare came true, and I had to put my baby girl Onyx to sleep. She apparantly had premature disc degeneration and one of her discs slipped and did major damage to the spinal cord. According to the surgeon, the damage would have continued upward (due to the major swelling) and she would not have been able to breathe, or live a very full life.

She was my saving grace. When I was going through diagnosis...she was there to hear me cry and to give me kisses, and to give me hugs. I expect her to be sitting behind me waiting to play catch with her favorite tennis ball or wait for me to get on the bed with her so that we can snuggle.

I cannot seem to let go of her collar and tags. I feel that if I do...then it really happened and there is no turning back. I know it happened, but I never knew how much it hurts.

Below is some pictures of my baby. I know you all cannot bring her back to me, but I know you all would understand. Thanks.

Attachment 28727
    Attachment 28728
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I am so sorry.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I am sorry about Onyx. Pets truly have an amazing way of being there. I hope that some day you can find some peace with this.

I understand. I lost too many dogs, mostly to cars.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Im sorry to hear that.
    Keep your butt dry!

I'm sorry for your loss, and that you are hurting so. Obviously, Onyx was very loved and did live a full and happy life with you.

Onyx is adorable. And with that floppy ear

Having my dog become ill, and losing him was probably one of the hardest things I had to go through. I still have his tags.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you'll miss her terribly. It was wonderful that she shared such a full and happy life with you.
    BeeBee

I'm so sorry you lost your baby Onyx. What beautiful friends you were to each other.

I understand about the collar and tags.

So sorry for your loss. Pets, especially dogs, are like family, and their loss cannot be overstated.

"Our animals shepherd us through certain eras of our lives. When we are ready to turn the corner and make it on our own…they let us go."
    --author unknown

Sincere condolences. She was a beauty.