Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear Box and Motor for Quickie P200

Gear Box and Motor for Quickie P200

I think I need a new Gear Box and Motor for my Quickie P200 chair. I might be able to purchase a used one that I am told is in good condition. The parts, along with the labor, will cost around $500. I will not be getting a warranty and this is somewhat of a concern. I'm not sure what it would cost to purchase a new Gear Box and Motor from Sunrise Medical for the left-hand side of my chair.

Anyone have any suggestions when it comes to purchasing used or refurbished compared to new?
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I was not able to locate the parts on the Sunrise Medical website. I called Sunrise and was told that they could not tell me the price for the parts because I was not a dealer or medical supplies store. I believe there is another company that sells these parts on the Internet, but I don't remember the name.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Hey Paul,
    I just saw this. Can u send me a link to or a pic of your chair. I'm leaving but I'll look for it tomorrow. If nothing else, I can search the web for ya, might come up with something.

Motors for a lot of the older chairs are 700 and up, generally, from Sunrise. I was pricing some occasionaly a few yrs back. Is your s a 4-pole and isn't the gearbox/reduction gear attached directly to each motor?

And I would go the used route. Do all the usual I-spy work you can. I'll get back with ya buddy.

John

Hi John:

Here is a link to the chair. I don't know if it's a four pole or if gearbox/reduction gear motor is attached directly to each motor. I will try to find out. By the way, I got my chair in 1997.

Thanks!
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Try this place, they sell re manufactured WC motor/gearboxes and I believe they come with a warranty.

http://www.edmond-wheelchair.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Try this place, they sell re manufactured WC motor/gearboxes and I believe they come with a warranty.

http://www.edmond-wheelchair.com/
    Thanks, I will give them a call on Monday.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Edmond was one of the few places that I found years ago that sold at better rates than sunrise. STEEP on rebuilds though. Better to buy what he already has onhand, be it new or rebuilt.

You have a 'power package', not the same as individual motors per wheel. Did you call Edmond today Paul. He doesn't have individual pages anymore.

Hey John:

I called Edmond this morning and gave Jane all of the information about my chair. She said that I would be getting a call back but so far I have not heard from them. I also inquired what it would cost to rebuild my current parts. It's 3:36 PM PST, so it looks like I will have to call back tomorrow morning. I also called a dealer in my area to find out what they would charge me for these parts, and they also need to get back to me.

I'll let you know as soon as I know.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Addendum:

I just got off the phone with Jane in Oklahoma, and she is still waiting to hear from Sunrise. What's interesting is that I did not know that they purchased these parts from Sunrise.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Here's another place in Cali that rebuilds them but their ebay feedback is questionable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunrise-Medical-...3286.m20.l1116