Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blu-ray and HDTV's

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Totally, Dudes. Thanks for the info.

I think I'll go with a Panasonic Blu-ray player. Too bad the lines aren't a thing of the past completely. But oh wellzies.

I can't wait to unleash some 1080p on my screen. High-Def satalite is good but I read not quite 1080p good.
    I've been told that the PS3 presently plays Blu-ray discs faster than standard Blu-ray players because the PS3 requires the capability to play video games on Blu-ray discs.

Quote Originally Posted by nbtoppers2 View Post
    it fills it..if i were you i'd look online make sure you get 1080p for the max resolution..not all hdtvs are full HD...also i would definitely look into high quality sound equipment..i run a yamaha reciever with the Klipsch quintet III series and the 10" subwoofer..its awesome
    Yeah, I was thinking of going the easy route and buying a THX certified theater package. But I'll definitely do my research on it all. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I've been told that the PS3 presently plays Blu-ray discs faster than standard Blu-ray players because the PS3 requires the capability to play video games on Blu-ray discs.
    If I ever decide to try gaming again, mabey I'll get the PS3 for my room. Then I'll have a bonus Blu-ray player. And if the gaming doesn't go as wanted then I still have a reason to justify buying a PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    If I ever decide to try gaming again, mabey I'll get the PS3 for my room. Then I'll have a bonus Blu-ray player. And if the gaming doesn't go as wanted then I still have a reason to justify buying a PS3.
    Hah, that's what I'm thinking too. I use Netflix and now I get all my movies in BR, and only have normal dvd in bedroom. I have a 42" HDtv back there but now can't watch my rented movies.

Since I spend an inordinate amount of time in bed, if I got the PS3, then I get to watch movies again, and maybe play games.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"