Thread: early retiree medical

early retiree medical

well, this is just charming. boeing is negotiating a new contract with my engineering union which leaves an open door for boeing to cancel all current early retirees (and possibly all retirees) medical benefits. this would take away my boeing supplemental to medicare and my son's ins. both of which already cost almost 700/month. sigh. i am so tired.

i have worked almost my entire disabled life...for what. it's pretty depressing. union is saying reject. will find out next week.

That absolutely sucks Cass and in my opinion is immoral.
    My mother retired after decades working for a large insurance company
    by taking an early buyout. Promises of stocks and lifetime bens for her and my dad. Dad passed 12 years ago and her bens have slimmed down the last few years.
    She takes it personally. Glad she is doing OK without the bens.
    She happily temped there for lower wages with same co workers for years. til their technology passed her out about age.

Keep us posted how this is affecting you Cass.

In your corner, Bette!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    well, this is just charming. boeing is negotiating a new contract with my engineering union which leaves an open door for boeing to cancel all current early retirees (and possibly all retirees) medical benefits. this would take away my boeing supplemental to medicare and my son's ins. both of which already cost almost 700/month. sigh. i am so tired.

i have worked almost my entire disabled life...for what. it's pretty depressing. union is saying reject. will find out next week.

Cass~ I would be sure to let the union know exactly how it will impact you and your son. When they negotiate, it helps if they can have real people behind the benefits. I hope the union is smart--it could be any of the employees who has a sudden and catastrophic illness/injury.
    Every day I wake up is a good one