Thread: acne

acne

Anyone ever have or had issues with acne? For the past 2-3 months my face, arms, back, and shoulders have had acne issues. They go through stages, but very frustrating and at times embarrassing..
    Thanks,
    Jenny

I noticed minor acne for the first months after I was injured.
    I had a lot of small bumps.
    Rich

Yes, this is definitely stress related. It generally gets better in 6-8 months or so after the injury, but if you have bad (cystic) type acne you should see a dermatologist.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Neurontin did it to me.

The first 6 months after my injury I had acne all over my back and face. It finally started going away the more showers I took and I guess not as much stress anymore.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Blog Entries
    What I found really helps on my face is “acnexus” I found on ebay. If that’s not exactly right, google ‘proactiv’ and you’ll see tons of alternatives. Neurontin gave me rosacea, which made me break out. Quitting neurontin helped a lot but didn’t totally end it, so I might spring for amino acid suggestions here-- http://www.banishrosacea.com/ --will let you know.

proactiv or anything like it works good. the antibiotic monocycline works good too my dermatologist prescribed it. try not to use scented soaps or too many moisturizers.
    but same problem here in same places medicine n being more cautious is working so far.
    Many Blessings,
    Josh

So we can say with confidence, The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Hebrew13:6

Quote Originally Posted by josh a View Post
    proactiv or anything like it works good. the antibiotic monocycline works good too my dermatologist prescribed it. try not to use scented soaps or too many moisturizers.
    but same problem here in same places medicine n being more cautious is working so far.
    Yeah, I found oxytetracycline worked on my acne. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it as it was giving me stomach trouble. Then the acne came back.

I had few spots before my injury, but a few months after sci, the spots started. Now I have had acne for 4 years.

I had never had acne problems...not even as a teenager...but I got a horrific case on my back and chest in the weeks following my SCI. Eventually, it cleared up on its own once I was able to take regular showers using the soaps that my skin was used to. But I kind of think that it was all the steroids they gave me that caused the problem in the first place.
    Last edited by Danine; 02-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem