Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally seeing someone...

Finally seeing someone...

and I must say, I'm having quite a good time with it. It's been a long time since I've had someone call me everyday interested in my life. It feels wonderful to have someone interested in seeing me and willing to make sacrifices to do so. Thank You Odessie () for showing me such a great time and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, even if we don't agree on everything. I don't know why but for some reason I haven't really been in the mood to date since I've been hurt, only seriously dating one other girl two years ago.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

CONGRATS! It's so awesome when you meet someone and click with them!
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

thats great! i'm very happy for you!! congrats! congrats! congrats!!
    how awesome! you'll have to keep us updated!!

good stuff man. Im happy to hear.

Ive been on a dry spell since nov. Ive always had someone even while I was still in the hosp after my ex fiance left me there. I can honestly say I managed a lot despite my injury and being useless and barely being able to sit up on my own.

but, I always felt weird, even going on dates, its just not that same. I mask it well, and can pull it off, but deep down, I keep thinking "this fucking sucks, why can't i just stand up and have this date at eye level".

im real confused and just dont know how to accept this yet. I feel like a toad, and if i feel like a toad, despite what I might say, or even how I carry myself, its all just a mask at the end of the day.

Im on break until I can sort out wtf is going on with me. I havent even tried to talk to any females. I saw 2 of my ex's at the superbowl party (what a freakin coincidence) I felt like running out of that place. I just felt like a such a loser holding on to my crutches.

Its good to hear when someone take a break, then, after they sort themselves out, and figure out what they want, they go out, find it, and are perfectly happy. Good job bro!

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    and I must say, I'm having quite a good time with it. It's been a long time since I've had someone call me everyday interested in my life.
    Cool! Enjoy it!

C.

Thanks for sharing your news - it's so nice to open up a thread and find some happiness there.

Awesome RB!

My first relationship post-SCI did wonders for my self confidence. I came to realize I had the issues with being in a chair, not my then girlfriend.
    I think it's a growing process Imight. You will eventually be completely comfortable with yourself.

Good luck Rybread. Nice to hear
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

T7-8 since Feb 2005

Good luck and enjoy it
    TH 12, 43 years post