Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fever

fever

temperature is up to 103.5 - chills and sweats - just took 400 mg ibuprofen and icing neck.
    anything else besides fluids?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

3 weeks ago my son had high fever, running at 103.4 degree. He had high fever for 10 days. We were in Seattle VA SCI center. They ran all the tests and found nothing wrong. While he was there, they gave him Tylenol, ice between his neck and his legs. This is the only way to cool him down.
    A Chinese friend told me to about Asia pear, it helps cool down inside of our body, avoid ginger.

I would call your doc in the morning. It sounds like the flu. If the motrin doesn't bring the fever down, you can alternate w/ tylenol. I believe every 3 hours ... ie 12am tylenol 3 am motrin 6 am tylenol ..... etc.

Hope you feel better soon.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    temperature is up to 103.5 - chills and sweats - just took 400 mg ibuprofen and icing neck.
    anything else besides fluids?
    Call doc and ask about an admit through the ER. Sounds like me and my first and only, so far, kidney infection. No other symptoms. Did you get a flu shot?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sounds like flu. Stay in bed, drink a lot and sleep yourselv better. If your temp is high, take som antifebrile. I am sorry, I don't know the normal temp in Fahrenheit.

37C is normal here, I have 35.5 and I was sent to hospital last year with 40C but I could have been at home, nothing happened there.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Feisty,

That is quite a high fever. ARe you having other symptoms? I would contact your doctor by phone and get his/her recommendations. in the meantime, increase fluids,
    tylenol alternate with motrin (if you have no allergies or contraindications to NSAIDS)
    and ice your neck, axilla and between legs for short periods.

AAd

Any better today?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Dude...get back to us.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Feel mo bettah.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Hope you get to feeling better Lady!!