Thread: Neuralstem

Blog Entries

Neuralstem

I know others of you also follow this company. I listened to Richard Garr's webcast yesterday at the CEO Biotech conf. They have applied to FDA for ALS trials for this year. Also starting SCI trials in China later this year. I emailed him and asked him @ acute VS Chronics. Here is my email..
    Webcast
    Neuralstem, Inc. at Biotechnology Industry Organization BIO CEO & Investor Conference (Replay)
    02/09/09 at 10:00 a.m. ET

"Mr Garr,
    Enjoyed listening to your webcast today. I also enjoy reading your blog.
    Wish you would post more often!
    My question to you is, will you be injecting your cells into acute or
    chronic SCI'S? If Chronic's, do you perceive the scar being an issue?

Thank you
    Andy Cook"

This was his answer.

"we hope to treat both, but I am pretty sure that the first trial will be acute only. The issue of scaring (and how it impacts the therapeutic potential of the cells) is something we will only learn when we move to chronic in human trials. It will probably be different for different areas of the spinal cord,"

What do you guys think @ this?

I understood they were starting trials this year at the U of Penn. Did he say why to China?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Blog Entries
    Not sure Sue. The first trial in US is ALS though. It was in the market news today that they have hired an ex US ambassador to China to help them negotiate the trials in China. Dr Young says that it is easier to start trials over there, so maybe that is why. If you listen to the web cast, he does say that they want to start them here in a year.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    Not sure Sue. The first trial in US is ALS though. It was in the market news today that they have hired an ex US ambassador to China to help them negotiate the trials in China. Dr Young says that it is easier to start trials over there, so maybe that is why. If you listen to the web cast, he does say that they want to start them here in a year.

Andy
    http://triangle.bizjournals.com/tria.../02/12/PH70027

Thanks Andy and Joe. While Dr Christine Copple is no longer with Neuralstem while she was their COO she testified at every hearing in favor of the Maryland State Board of SCI Research Fund bill. To date it has paid out about $3 million and this spring that will increase to $4 million in total solely for SCI cure and neuroprotection treatments. As CEO of Neuralstem Marylanders and all of us owe Mr Garr a lot.

Sue
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.