Thread: Extreme Home Makeover

Extreme Home Makeover

My dad is a C2 complete. He is just like Christopher Reeves except my dad can't talk, eat, or drink. He can't even turn his head. He had a motorcycle wreck in April '06. He hit a power line poll head on and was almost considered decapetated, he crushed both lungs, broke his sternum, broke his shoulder and all his ribs. He has been moved from one hospitol to another many times. He is my mammaws only child. She has sacraficed her life to take care of him. She doesn't go out, she doesn't work, she does everything to help him, she is truely an inspiration. Anyways I am wanting to get them on Extreme Home Makeover and I wanted to know if you guys think their story is inspirational enough and if you think they may chose us. I really want him to be comfortable .. they deserve it. Right now they are living in a 3br, 1bath house. 1br is my mammaws. While the others are used for his medical stuff. My sister and I want to come and be able to spend some nights there with them ,but unfortunately there is no room. My dad's bed is currently in the dinning room. The house is literally falling apart, the floor is bowing in where his bed is. Also if there were to be an fire there is no way my mammaw could get him out. Let me know if you all think they would consider him.
    --ME
    *May God bless you and your family*

Give it a shot, heck why not? From your previous posts I know that you will do anything for your Dad. What a gift that would be for him if you could pull it off? Get some professional help in designing your application. Maybe talk to a local newspaper for story writers that might volunteer to help, and people at the local TV news stations to help with the film and backstory application portion. The better the story, the better your chances are of success. Good luck. You are a good daughter.

The newspaper and the news station might help because then they get first dibs on the story if you get picked. Good publicity for them too if you are successful
    Last edited by skippy13; 02-08-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Lately I have noticed that they prefer picking families who have provided extensive community service for others...either before or after their disability. Do you have anything like that to offer about your dad? If so, be sure to include this in your application. Good luck.

P.S.: it is Christopher Reeve, not REEVES.

(KLD)

I tried that for my husband last year and was told they only choose households that have children living in the home. The reason for this is families with children are more likely to remain in thrie homes longer. They also prefer if some-one in the household is active within your community.
    Cathi - Wife of Edward (C6-7 complete) as of Sept. 2,2007

I'd give it a shot. The worst they could do is say no.

Jessie

Go for it. Just like others have said here...it can't hurt! Good luck!
    Lori D.

Kim: What state does your dad live in? That may make a difference to the show.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by KIM0331 View Post
    My dad is a C2 complete. He is just like Christopher Reeves except my dad can't talk, eat, or drink. He can't even turn his head. He had a motorcycle wreck in April '06. He hit a power line poll head on and was almost considered decapetated, he crushed both lungs, broke his sternum, broke his shoulder and all his ribs. He has been moved from one hospitol to another many times. He is my mammaws only child. She has sacraficed her life to take care of him. She doesn't go out, she doesn't work, she does everything to help him, she is truely an inspiration. Anyways I am wanting to get them on Extreme Home Makeover and I wanted to know if you guys think their story is inspirational enough and if you think they may chose us. I really want him to be comfortable .. they deserve it. Right now they are living in a 3br, 1bath house. 1br is my mammaws. While the others are used for his medical stuff. My sister and I want to come and be able to spend some nights there with them ,but unfortunately there is no room. My dad's bed is currently in the dinning room. The house is literally falling apart, the floor is bowing in where his bed is. Also if there were to be an fire there is no way my mammaw could get him out. Let me know if you all think they would consider him.
    Very nice to meet you, sorry for having to have to join this ever growing community. Glad that you have found us.
    Where do you live? Would you mind if I have forwarded this post to a few places?
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.