Thread: Possible Syrinx

Question Possible Syrinx

I have been having trouble here the last three months with my right side feeling cold and my left will feel warm, and pins and needles in my feet. The pins and needles I have been living with for the last year or so but the tempeture difference I kinda got worried that I was having circulation problems. So I called my GP and set up an appointment with her. I tell her my concern about a possible circulation problem and she feels my legs and sure enough she feels the difference, then she asked if I had problems with my feet, like pins and needles? I said yes how did you know that? She said that she is going to set me up with a neuroligist and gave me a script for neurontin 100 mg three times a day.
    Today I saw the neuroligist and he said that I might have a syrinx and set me up with a MRI and blood work tomorrow. I emediatly thought OH BOY, THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY! WTF... So tomorrow I go in for this MRI lucky me, I get to listen to the CLANG, CLANG, BANG, BANG. This is getting out of control, I hate losing control of my condition.

I have a question, how much worse can the symtoms get before they have to go in and and fix the it, if it is a syrinx?

It will depend on the size and location of the syrinx as to what they will recommend. My advice is to try (notice the words) and relax a little until you know what you are dealing with.

Your symptoms are classic syrinx symptoms, but that doesn't mean that is what it is.

Once you know what you are dealing with, we will help you get the information that you need.

Hang in there.

CKF

Thank you, I have a follow up on the 17th and will find out then.

who are you seeing ? I sent you a email as I have a syrinx too , but also have chiari . Roz
    SM/ACM Surgery in 1999

When the world says "give up"; hope whispers "try one more time"
    -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by razzle51 View Post
    who are you seeing ? I sent you a email as I have a syrinx too , but also have chiari . Roz

His name is Sid Kaboor. He is out of Burlington, Iowa. I have a feeling I will end up going back up to Peoria. I hate the drive but I think that is the only place around that will do my MRI. The local hospital here refused to do it because of my Baclofen pump. (they aren't that up to date)

If a facility says they can't handle something, I respect them for it. It is a bummer having to go so far away, but it sounds safer to me.
    Let us know what is going on.
    CKF