Thread: Convert WMA files to MP3

Convert WMA files to MP3

I like to download audiobooks from site that I have access to thru public library. Many books that I want to download to my Palm Tungsten E2 are in WMA (Windows Media) format and I need them to be in MP3 format.
    I already tried one converter on trial and it was pretty good - they want $20 for full install.
    Anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks

Try http://www.foobar2000.org/. I used it to convert my entire library to MP3 so I could transfer them to my iPod Touch and still use them in Windows Media Player/Center (since iTunes sux).

- David

Thanks for the help.
    After experimenting with these I realized that the one program that succeeded was a non-free product that overcame protection on these files. I had success when I used the trial version of this software. I did not realize that DRM had to be overcome in order to convert these WMA files to MP3.
    I bought the product for $25 and it does th trick. I think it's worth the price as I relly enjoy having these books on my PDA when I workout or on CD when driving.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Try http://www.foobar2000.org/. I used it to convert my entire library to MP3 so I could transfer them to my iPod Touch and still use them in Windows Media Player/Center (since iTunes sux).

- David
    We have a bunch of music on the computer that we access thru Windows Media Player. Some of it is in wma (the earlier stuff that we downloaded, the rest is mp3). Do you think this program could be used to convert the wma files thru Windows Media Player to mp3?

Quote Originally Posted by ginamarie View Post
    We have a bunch of music on the computer that we access thru Windows Media Player. Some of it is in wma (the earlier stuff that we downloaded, the rest is mp3). Do you think this program could be used to convert the wma files thru Windows Media Player to mp3?
    Sure. That's what I did. I had thousands of WMAs before purchasing an iPod for my son and getting a free iPod Touch for buying a MacBook Pro. With Apple in the mix I needed everything in MP3s. Converted everything in a few hours. Now I record in MP3 and download music from Amazon in MP3 format. I use WMP to manage my collection and iTunes to download to the iPod.

I don't know if this is the same problem I am having, go a new laptop with vista (butt) and it has this cool transfer program, that will not F*ing work so I transfered the 45 gbs on music to this computer,I was using all of this in itunes but a few of the files give me this you can't convert this song in either wmp or itunes because it is a protected wav file and please the cd for this music. It works in Itunes on the other dell laptop I have WTF? Right now in my itunes I have 11.64 gbs. Where the hell is the rest of the music?
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by windbell View Post
    Those audiobooks in wma formats always come with windows drm protection, you may need such protected wma to mp3 converter to remove drm from wma and convert it directly to regular mp3
    Hi,

I downloaded and purchased a converter from - WMA-MPE.com.
    It works very well. I'm "reading" a lot of good books while putting in time on the Nustep at the gym

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post
    Hi,

I downloaded and purchased a converter from - WMA-MPE.com.
    It works very well. I'm "reading" a lot of good books while putting in time on the Nustep at the gym

Thanks

I tried the free setup and I got this file license is not valid shit on all the songs I've got what do I do about this.
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.