Thread: DVR tomorrow...any tips?

DVR tomorrow...any tips?

I'm going to DVR tomorrow to see if I can get any money for grad school. His initial answer was no when I was applying to schools a few months ago but I've heard people have gotten it.

DVR helped pay the second 2 years of my undergrad tuition, after they screwed up and initially told me I wouldn't get any. So I missed out on two years of payments thanks to their error.

I've committed to Rutgers already but I'm thinking of telling him I'm accepted but don't know if I'm going yet. I would tell him my decision weighs heavily on how I'll be paying for it. It looks like the MBA program will cost between $50k and $60k. Any suggestions?
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

If you can prove you are more employable in your field with more school they will pay. They could care less about your need or if you go or not without that. Their whole deal is to get you employed and out of the system.

For example there are few jobs for someone with an undergraduate degree in social work but more with a Masters and a license. Good luck.

And if they say no, appeal.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

They initially said no to my grad school, but I had a well defined goal and they eventually agreed to pay for it.

I reached that goal 4 years ago. I didn't bother asking them for help for my doctorate. Two more courses and a dissertation.

VR said absolutely no to a doctorate. I asked. Since I'm nowhere near close I didn't worry about arguing.
    Wonder if anyone ever got that paid for?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I used to work for state of Alaska VR. Never could understand the tightfisted attitude of other states, especially considering the fed refunding brunt of money upon successful case closure if they were receiving benefits. Took a guy with retinitis pigmentosa, helped him get GED, sent him to college, then law school, got most of it back from the feds including money for counseling hours. BIG $$$$