Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17x17 85 Degree TiLite ZRva

17x17 85 Degree TiLite ZRva

Now that TiLite has widened their fork enough to use a 1.5" aluminum soft roll caster, this chair turned into a limited edition. I'll call it the TiLite ZRva (as in Cleveland VA). It is for a very active veteran who I thought needed a little bit beefier tubing and better back upholstery than his previous titanium cantilevered frame chair. Although I was wondering about how it would look with the Ti Red upholstery when we ordered it, it turned out to be a pretty awesome looking ride....

Here are the specs:

TiLite ZR

- 85 Degree Front Angle
    - 17"Wx17"D
    - STF Heights: 20"F/17"R
    - Seat To Footrest (Spec): 15.5"
    - Seat To Footrest (Actual): 17.5"
    - Center of Gravity: 3.5"
    - Footrest Width: 11" (3.5" of Front Frame Taper)
    - 1" Wheel Spacing
    - 4 Deg Camber
    - 25x1" Spinergy LX Wheels/Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Tires
    - Natural Fit LT Handrims
    - Standard Carbon Fiber Rigid Side Guards

Cleveland VA Limited Edition Package

- Top End Crossfire Forks
    - 4"x1.5" FrogLegs Aluminum Soft Roll Casters
    - Quickie Ergo Scissor Locks
    - Stimulite Sport Cushion

Here is a side by side comparison of the TopEnd and TiLite forks. Fortunately, with TiLite's new fork (which became available shortly after this one was ordered), it does not appear I will need to do this mod on any future ZR's, TR's, or TX's that I spec out...

While it may be difficult to generalize much from this pic, it shows his 17" wide tapered front end next to my 17" V-front end with 10.5" footrest spacing. Even though his footrest spacing is only spec'd 1/2" wider than mine, the footrest itself appears more than 1/2" wider than mine. The forks also look to be spaced just a bit farther apart than mine...

In addition to the availability of wider forks, the folding lock down backrest option has also become available since we placed his order. We may try to retrofit that to this chair because he had a previous titanium rigid frame wheelchair fly out of the bed of his pickup after the backrest came open while he was driving on the freeway! Somehow, that chair survived, but I wouldn't want to see the same thing happen with this beauty.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 01-31-2009 at 03:43 PM.

a work of art

correction....

functional art

Sweet looking chair SCI OTR. Quick question would those forks work on a Quickie Ti? I would like to get the frog leg soft rolls on my chair, but I need to get the right fork size I guess.

Hello Sci Otr know you're really a great expert on wheelchairs TiLite me please advise you on how to order and assemble the most of my new TiLite ZR thanks

nice chair steve.
    check your pm
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Tell me fuentejps to the private messages ...... not 'present no private message

Quote Originally Posted by EAK View Post
    Sweet looking chair SCI OTR. Quick question would those forks work on a Quickie Ti? I would like to get the frog leg soft rolls on my chair, but I need to get the right fork size I guess.
    No, but the wide fork used on the Quickie2 Lite, GT, or GTi might. Never tried it though.

Hello Sci Otr know you're really a great expert on wheelchairs TiLite me please advise you on how to order and assemble the most of my new TiLite ZR thanks

SCI-OTR, Terrific pics and info once again. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us your work. You always provide us with inspiring ideas, updated designs and detailed specs. I just wanted to let you know it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by EAK View Post
    Maybe a fork of a GTI, those are all the forks that you can choose for the GTI