Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What’s on your ‘bucket list?'

Blog Entries

What’s on your ‘bucket list?'

I didn’t see the movie but I get the idea. What’s on yours? Do you have/need/want separate ones conditional on cure?

To live in Ireland for a summer near the water.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I thought that was a good movie.

first I'll need that rich best friend. otherwise making the list just depresses me.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue View Post
    first I'll need that rich best friend. otherwise making the list just depresses me.

ditto!!!!!!!!!
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Indoor skydive...

I had been reading in the paper (before the economy shut down) of a local family who sold their home and gave up their jobs for a sail boat. They took their kids and 'home schooled' them ... working odd jobs here and there while travelling.

If I ever walked again, I would seriously consider doing that for a few years.

Otherwise, I want to try monoskiing .. shooting for next winter .. hoping for Mont Tremblant .. also hoping a francophone from CareCure will be able to join me to translate for me!!! lol Also plane gliding .. lots of physical things. I've sat still for far too long. There were never such opportunities when I was younger and paralyzed.

Would also like to cruise/fly overseas somewhere to Europe. I would like to see my relative's grave in France and see where my grandfather was born in Scotland (Brecchin). I'd love to spend some time in London too. Germany.

One thing is for sure ... I will never let work rule my life again. It's taking a back seat from now on. Fun comes first.

The only thing on my bucket list is to live to see my sons graduate, I just have to make it 'til then.

I can't fly, so I'm very boring.. really, just the above is on it

bbs

I can't see how some of ppl can do this year after year, right now I get up late with the excuse that I work nights and don't want to F up my sleep setup. But what the hell can you really do yourself thats halfway risky. When I get ab I am going to hit it harder that I did before I got hurt, Give away every video game system I have, its the only competive thing I can do right now. First I am going to scew for about a month straight, then get my bike setup back up for being normal again, and ride, ride and ride, all over the country. These punk kids whose parents bought them a 600gsxr like the pic in the motorcyclist are going to go home crying. Just stay places around the country, work when I have too and play paintball everywere I could. It F'ing rages me out when my friends call all over the country asking when I am going to come down or over th see them, what the hell am I going to do there now, "yes there are things for people to do like this" but having people help you do things is one of the paramount sucks of this. I would also do a tri athlon even thought before I got hurt I hated running I think this has changed that situation. I had went out camping, grunt style, just a ruc sack, ar-15 and woods, make it happen style. Right now I would just like to have my life have meant something and kick it in a meaningful way,it seems day after day my real life slips slowly by and all I can do is sit in this f'ing chair and try to do some of the crap I still do, what the hell kind of existance is that?
    I am existing right now, I would give anything to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I can't see how some of ppl can do this year after year, right now I get up late with the excuse that I work nights and don't want to F up my sleep setup. But what the hell can you really do yourself thats halfway risky. When I get ab I am going to hit it harder that I did before I got hurt, Give away every video game system I have, its the only competive thing I can do right now. First I am going to scew for about a month straight, then get my bike setup back up for being normal again, and ride, ride and ride, all over the country. These punk kids whose parents bought them a 600gsxr like the pic in the motorcyclist are going to go home crying. Just stay places around the country, work when I have too and play paintball everywere I could. It F'ing rages me out when my friends call all over the country asking when I am going to come down or over th see them, what the hell am I going to do there now, "yes there are things for people to do like this" but having people help you do things is one of the paramount sucks of this. I would also do a tri athlon even thought before I got hurt I hated running I think this has changed that situation. I had went out camping, grunt style, just a ruc sack, ar-15 and woods, make it happen style. Right now I would just like to have my life have meant something and kick it in a meaningful way,it seems day after day my real life slips slowly by and all I can do is sit in this f'ing chair and try to do some of the crap I still do, what the hell kind of existance is that?
    I know how frustrated you must be, but your real life is not slipping away. This is your real life now, no matter how much it sucks to be disabled, and as long as you look backwards you will always feel the comparison and your current situation will always seem awful. The trick is to reclaim life in whatever ways you can. Whatever passions you might have and already know about, or that might yet be discovered. I am not necessarily talking about working for money, although that is great if you can, but anything at all that brings meaning. Photography, volunteering, nature, gardens, pets, and so on. Not trying to sound like I am babbling nothing but cliches to you, but there is a lot of truth in the phrase life is what you make it.
    My bucket list? India, the entire continent. The Swiss Alps are up there too!