Thread: Is it just me?

Is it just me?

I'm wonderin. I'm was wearing converse tenny shoes and Levis and tshirts of different sorts at 8 or 9. I just probably realized I'm still wearing converse tenny runners, Levis and tshirts almost 40 years later, and have never changed.
    And looking at my mp3 player, the majority of songs are pretty much the same songs I heard by the time I was 15 or so.

Is that freaking boring or what? But you know, I grew up with hippy girl cousins who took me to protests and tried to hide their weed in their cigarette packs, and preached love and harmony and I'd catch them humpin all the time.

I was never a dummy, but I guess I don't change much

A few songs I remember:

My other side at the same time, from my okie miner cousins. I loved both sets of cousins equally, but the hippy cousins were so much more fun

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

eta: yup, I would have boinked ms reddy. Lookin at it now, I still would, but I don't think she'd take kindly to my advances
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    but the hippy cousins were so much more fun
    Most of the hippies I've ever met have been very cool individuals.

I like a lot of the 70s music that told stories.

Music always reminds of what I was doing at the time. In the early 80's (1980 to be exact) I remember going to see the movie, the "blue lagoon" with Brooke Sheilds and I remember this song always seemed to be playing on the radio that summer. So whenever I watch the blue lagoon it always reminds me of this song.

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I'm wonderin. I'm was wearing converse tenny shoes and Levis and tshirts of different sorts at 8 or 9. I just probably realized I'm still wearing converse tenny runners, Levis and tshirts almost 40 years later, and have never changed.
    And looking at my mp3 player, the majority of songs are pretty much the same songs I heard by the time I was 15 or so.

Is that freaking boring or what?
    If I didn't share your taste in music or shoes (I got two new pair of Converse from my husband as Yule gifts), I might think you were boring, but since I do...

At least you've picked classic items to be your daily uniform. As long as you know how to dress for dinner with your girlfriend's family, an evening wedding and a job interview (just as fer instances), then I don't see a problem. And the music thing? Well, I think most people are attracted to certain music, at certain points in their life. If you're not one of those people that is "into" music and constantly looks for new sounds and bands, etc, then I think it's pretty normal to still love the music that meant something to you or just sounded good when you were young. There's a reason that classic rock stations exist.

C.

I knew the old converse shoes. My dad made me pay the extra to get them. My parents would buy me the $2.99 shoes so my paper route money paid the extra 11 bucks for them. Well we need to update ourselves here. My kids have them in multiple colors and they are " Chuck Taylors" , not converse. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin'guy View Post
    Well we need to update ourselves here. My kids have them in multiple colors and they are " Chuck Taylors" , not converse. Interesting.
    Technically, they are Converse Chuck Taylor® All Stars®. And the slip on shoes are my favorite.

C.
    Last edited by Tiger Racing; 02-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.