Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Stem Cell Spinal Cord Repair Within Five Years"

I have my dollar and my husband's and both sons and sister and several others ready. Where do we send them?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MzzzKathee View Post
    I have my dollar and my husband's and both sons and sister and several others ready. Where do we send them?

hi MzzzKathee, very nice of you, just go to this site and send it:

https://secure.entango.com/donate/z7amHUbTiNZ

I am going to church tomorrow and see how many people i know will write me checks for Dr. Youngs place. At list he knows where to use the money for the best results.

I want the address and the name for the checks.

5 Yrs!?!

Where have i heard this before? Oh right,any news pertaining to spinal cord injury repair!

I'm in

well, i sent $100 to Dr. Keirstad's lab a few weeks ago and another $100 to the U2FP yesterday. Count me in for a dollar a day. It might not be alot, but it's something. 5 years at $365 = $1825. I can find it.

Yet Another Potential Cure for Acutes is great, but, I can't help but be selfish wondering......
    Cure 4 Chronics? Limited Market = No Profit = Why Bother = No Cure = Were F*ked
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Patricks - It's more complex than that, and you know it. - even if there was only a cure for acutes (which there is not - but let's work towards it, so future sci wont have to go through what we do) there might be a way to make chronics 'acute' again or maybe a third way of some kind. Yes we're f*cked - but not for good.

there will not be a cure for chronics in under 100 years
    acutes maybe in 20, 50 but chronics not for 100. it would be the cure of not just sci, but most neurodegenerative diseases and let's be serious..

before a cure, im guessing there will be either a time travel device or a device SCIs can sit on it that levitates so they can fly around...

Cure for acutes is the cure for chronics in some way. No acutes->no future chronics
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

5 years!!!!

5 years, really??!! Sounds awfully familiar to what I have heard in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006- het isn't that 5 years?!

bs

this report from a 5th rate small town newsrag is soo full of holes! The FDA has approved research with embryonic stem cells, remember last week!! Dr. Davies is boasting about starting something in 5 years that has already started today. hat an idiot!! The article talks about the ability to pass through scar tissue, then says treatment works only for acutes. Lastly, they talk about severed spinal cords. I don't think anyone in the history of mankind has completely severed their spinal cord. Severed nerves in the tissue, yes, but a spinal cord cut in 2, c'mon use your fuckin brains!