Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new New Mobility

Quote Originally Posted by WLC View Post
    i agree. i think it is partially bc 80% of the sci population is male.
    True, but New Mobility isn't just geared toward the SCI community. I think this is a case of the boys' club ignoring women's issues because of self-absorbed attitudes.

Thumbs up for posting the links!

no problem.
    we will have to change that!
    please post specific areas of interest, everyone.

i just read the issue, i thought it was great. heck i remember when ellen stohl[i think] was on the cover nude and pregnant, there werent many sci guys w/ ab chicks in that one.

the main couple, their story was kind of tough. basically a sexless marriage, that is tough. sexuality is a huge part of a relationship and marriage. i would like to see a followup on that one in a few years. hope it works out.

also, the cover was awesome, beautifully done.

GREAT ISSUE.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    i just read the issue, i thought it was great. heck i remember when ellen stohl[i think] was on the cover nude and pregnant, there werent many sci guys w/ ab chicks in that one.

the main couple, their story was kind of tough. basically a sexless marriage, that is tough. sexuality is a huge part of a relationship and marriage. i would like to see a followup on that one in a few years. hope it works out.

also, the cover was awesome, beautifully done.

GREAT ISSUE.
    I have to agree with this, It truly did speak of alot of the problems I have, I gave it to my wife last night to read. Maybe the next issue will speak of the problem of the female side, I truly do see where you ladies are coming from!

Finally got it. read it. "They" don't it. I wrote the editor. I suggest if you subscribe you let them know.

signed
    a woman in love
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by duge View Post
    . . . It truly did speak of alot of the problems I have, I gave it to my wife last night to read. Maybe the next issue will speak of the problem of the female side, I truly do see where you ladies are coming from!
    Duge, that's great! It's just unfortunate they didn't attempt to address the issues of women with disabilities. If they had called that issue "The Men's Side of Things" then one could understand and expect another issue to deal with "The Women's Side of Things." As it is, I wouldn't hold my breath for an issue devoted to female sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Finally got it. read it. "They" don't it.
    You meant "They" don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Duge, that's great! It's just unfortunate they didn't attempt to address the issues of women with disabilities. If they had called that issue "The Men's Side of Things" then one could understand and expect another issue to deal with "The Women's Side of Things." As it is, I wouldn't hold my breath for an issue devoted to female sexuality.

Scorpion, I totaly agree! it should have been addressed that way, Mybe they will see that and do another issue devoted to the female side of sex and being disabled. Wonder how to get the message to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You meant "They" don't get it?
    give a quad a break, handsome...hehehe
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I got the issue, but haven't read it yet. I'm about three issues behind, lol. I'm not renewing my subscription because I have no time to read them and really only enjoyed a few bits of each one anyway. The money saved will go towards face cream to make me ageless.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash