Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: recipes

recipes

Well I wanted to start a thread with recipes that are our all time favorite to cook.

I have a cooking blog with recipes if anyone wants them.
    http://theparaplegicchef.blogspot.com

Whats your favorite thing to cook?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

no one has anything they love to cook?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

I love to eat but not to cook. But since I have to make food for eating, I cook everyday. But we eat very different from you

Here is some Norwegian recepies in English http://www.matoppskrift.no/sider/norwegianrecipes.asp

If it is coming up one pop up just click "lukk vindu" and it is gone

It is a little old fashion food but very traditionale, they eat food like this is the western part of Norway, I live in the eastern part so we eat more internationale.
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 01-28-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Thank you woman from Europe I can't wait to try some of those!!!
    T-7 Complete

oh thank you for the link - the food looks really good... i really want one of those stuffed peppers! Yum! think i will give that recipe a try.

You have to try the Lamb and cabbage stew - får-i-kål -. It is for autumn but tastes nice all the year. And if you make a lot, it tastes better the next day.

And meat kaker - kjøttkaker - but I have heard your gravy is not so nice as ours. You melt butter in the frying pan and have some flour in and stir until it is brown but not burned. And then you put water and a little buillion in until it is thick enough. A little salt and pepper and let it boil until the salty tast is gone. Then you put the meat kakes in and let it all boil together for a while.
    TH 12, 43 years post

making me hungry! i love lamb - love cabbage! now i will try that one too! thanks so much for the link too! i finally figured out that the recipes are in english... i thought they werent when i first looked at it.
    i made nelly schnicky (did i spell that right?)a couple of times and love that dish. my mom cooked up some cranberry jam last night and i asked her if we should make some nelly schinicky, she's never had it - ill have to adjust the recipe for non dairy though..gonna try it with soy cheeses and soy milk instead. yeah we try to be healthy here....

Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101 View Post
    Well I wanted to start a thread with recipes that are our all time favorite to cook.

I have a cooking blog with recipes if anyone wants them.
    http://theparaplegicchef.blogspot.com

Whats your favorite thing to cook?
    Wow what a great-looking blog, good job. The spicy ginger and orange chicken looks particularly good, I'd love to try that one out. Wish I had something to contribute, but the best thing I've got going is peanut butter smeared on an apple!

I love your blog, I bookmarked it. I'm trying to be a better cook but I'm sort of stuck into making super easy stuff like a lean protein (chicken) and a vegatable (asparagus) and its super boring. I'm definitely going to try your ziti, because it looks easy and really good.

Great blog.

I make a pretty mean 5-bean chili in the crock pot and I like to experiment with different kinds of soup.

I'm in a baking phase now. We've gotten a lot of snow here and cookies taste mighty good on snowy days.

I've been branching out and trying to add more peppers to dishes. The area farmers market was full of peppers over the summer and I froze a bunch of them. Sauted onions and peppers got old real quick, so I've started adding them to soups and stews.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt