Thread: Autonomic Dysreflexia/bladder spasms drug

Autonomic Dysreflexia/bladder spasms drug

I just wanted to post this in case it might help anyone

I'm a C-6 quad with a SP catheter and have been hurt for roughly 15 years. For over the first 14 years of that, i dealt with tons of dysreflexia. Sweating all the time, headaches when the dysreflexia was bad, not being able to sleep, my dick burning, and it just overall made my life miserable. Over those years i saw multiple doctors and urologists, nothing they ever gave me worked, so i basically gave up and assumed that it was something i'd simply just have to deal with for good.

Well, the dysreflexia just got even worse. I'd have week long stretches of minor AD where i'd sweat all day/night long mixed in with more brutal batches of it. Even only one day free of dysreflexia was like winning the lottery.

So i go try a new urologist with little expectations and he gives me a script for Vesicare, i almost threw it out thinking it never would work just as the other drugs i tried didn't.

Thankfully i got the script filled, it changed my life for the better. I take one 10mg tablet in the morning and for over six months now, the bouts of bladder spasms/dysreflexia have been reduced greatly. Instead of getting it all the time, now i get it 1-3 times a month at most and far less severe bouts of it.

I have no idea if it will help others like it helped me, but if anyone suffers from many bouts of AD and never has tried Vesicare, maybe ask your doctor about it. It's been a godsend for me and hopefully it could help someone else that was suffering like i was.

HI,

Thanks for sharing your experience as it sounds like it hsa made a huge difference in your life. Cutting down episodes of AD is averting potentially life threatening events, which is also a tremendous benefit to your helath and longevity.

AAD

That's huge Duder. I'm glad you endured through it all to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    And the truth shall set you free.

i went through more than a year of sweating almost 24/7. like you, one free day from this was like winning the lottery. i knew i was hurting but didn't know where. i had several tests and all came up fine. finally i told my dr. i was checking in the hospital and not leaving until i had answers. in order for my insurance to pay for it i had to check in to rehab, which was fine. a little exercise couldn't hurt either. anyway, after a CAT scan i was told i had little cysts on my ovaries. Nothing major but enough that it would cause discomfort in AB people, therefore enough to cause me to sweat. I was put on birth control to shrink the cysts and have been fine ever since. this was a longgg process to figure this out and very frustrating but when you don't have normal sensation it is hard to tell doctors where to start. i was sweating in the shower, drying my hair, allday at work...it was a nightmare year. just always be careful to make sure you find the cause of the AD before taking meds that may just mask it but not really curing the problem.