Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this RehabRhino?

Question Is this RehabRhino?

He told me he was suffering from a UTI but it looks more serious than that.............

Are you suffering from 'Recession Flu'?

The credit crunch is already having an effect on our health with living in a downturn also being linked to stress, heart disease, cancer and early death.

By Victoria Lambert
    Last Updated: 7:58AM GMT 26 Jan 2009

Recession Flu: our health can take a turn for the worse when the economy falters.

Headache? Can't sleep? Stomach troubles or soaring blood pressure? Drinking too much, feeling anxious all the time or perhaps simply too drained to get out of bed? The chances are you are suffering from "recession flu", a spectrum disorder that covers all the symptoms brought on by living and working through the early days of the global downturn.
    Most symptoms are manageable, but living in uncertain economic times can have a damaging impact on our day-to-day health and wellbeing, and should be taken seriously. A succession of international studies links unemployment and financial stress to cardiovascular disease: a report from the Central Michigan University last year found that socio-economic environment plays a significant role in deaths from heart disease. It reinforces an earlier, highly influential 1997 study by Prof Harvey Brenner, of the University of North Texas Health Science Centre, which studied the relationship between heart disease mortality and economic changes, including unemployment, in West Germany from 1951-1989.

With thanks to The Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/43...ssion-Flu.html
    Last edited by Timaru; 01-26-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Monday morning and pulling a sickie!

Ha

I'm telling you, I looked a lot worse than that!

Bladder infection followed by chest infection means I ended up taking two weeks off sick, four days in bed, two courses of antibiotics and had to go back to my spinal unit for kidney and bladder ultrasound.

Went back to work today.

Being off ill did allow me to be lazy and grow a beard. Took me an hour to shave this morning!
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Glad you're better JH

I like the beard when it's scruffy, but not too long. Just in case you're interested. I also prefer a healthy Rhino to a sick one, so take care of yoself!

LOL@ Timaru. That's a great find.

Rhino, sounds like you had a rough 2 weeks. Glad you're doing better.

How come they make thermometers so big in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post

Being off ill did allow me to be lazy and grow a beard.
    You just wanted a reason to do your best Adi impression!

Glad you are feeling much better sport.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    Ha

I'm telling you, I looked a lot worse than that!

Bladder infection followed by chest infection means I ended up taking two weeks off sick, four days in bed, two courses of antibiotics and had to go back to my spinal unit for kidney and bladder ultrasound.

Went back to work today.

Being off ill did allow me to be lazy and grow a beard. Took me an hour to shave this morning!
    You should have kept it . Everyone knows you'll never be taken seriously as a writer until you grow a thick beard ( and go mad ).