Thread: New Skin Liquid Bandage

New Skin Liquid Bandage

Anyone ever try New Skin on an abrasion, scrape or scar? I bought the spray to try it on a superficial abrasion on my butt cheek. I test sprayed it on my bicep first......what a fucking stench! It's got alcohol, butane and clove oil as ingredients. It was stinky, tacky and I wiped it off as best I could. Tossed it in the trash. Anyone have success with it?

http://www.newskinproducts.com/

I have never seen the spray, but I use the brush on version on my fingers. I get small splits near the side of my thumbnails in the winter. A drop or 2 of this stuff seals them up so that they can heal. Otherwise they keep reopening.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I've tried the brush on version of it too, also on my finger tips. Wasn't too impressed -- the edges kept separating from my skin, causing the whole thing to peel away. It also got sticky when the slightest bit of moisture got on my hands, and that tackiness was a magnet for lint and other bits of fluff. Made my hands feel like they are dirty all the time, so I all but gave up on it.

--THC

I used the bandaid brand one on my lip and penis. It worked great for both. I couldnt get a band aid on either, but the liquid stitch did the job. My lip was split in two and one tooth went through. Took a week but after the swelling went down it worked great. The one on my dick was from a canoe. when I was AB I was helping slide a canoe across a low spot and I slipped and the canoe tip was smashed into my junk and ended up with an 1 inch cut almost half way around the shaft. did notice it for another 2 hours because of all the alcohol. Any way Band Aid brand Liquid stitch worked great. It had the Q tip applicator with the little bottle of the liquid stitch.

Sounds like it has mixed reviews. I would caution you to be careful not to put it on a pressure sore or anything deep or with abnormal drainage.

AAD

Thanks for the replies. The awful smell of the product turned me off. The tacky residue it left on the skin of my arm was also no good. Therfore I don't think it's the right thing to try on my butt cheek.

p.s. soonerborn.....you must have been really hammered to have a 1" cut on your dick and not notice it for 2 hours....holy cow!