Thread: I want to do a little internet spying on some people.

I want to do a little internet spying on some people.

Using zabasearch.com I easily found the address of someone from my past, and the address of my dad's birth mother. I don't want to write to them, or call them, but I'd love to find out a little more about them, using information available to the public on the web. I know that Portland has a site called portlandmaps.com, and you can punch in anyone's address in Portland, and it tells how big the house is, when it was built, how big the property is, how much taxes were paid the last few years, how much (if any) improvements were made to the property, and how much the property is worth. (Yes, of course I have looked up how big some neighbors houses are and how much they're worth!) It has a few other things such as an aerial photo of the property. It does not tell the property owners name.

I know there are sites where you can pay X amount and find out if they've had any bankruptcies and stuff like that. I don't want to pay anything though. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other free sites, such as zabasearch and portlandmaps that would help me play detective?

Thanks!

Smile

Many counties have free access to their tax accessor and some of them have owners improvements, taxes paid, condition and size of house... etc. Just search for (county accessor) and of course the name of the county and state and see what you come up with. Good luck.

Pat

Thank you Pat! I had a bit of luck finding some info about one of them, but nothing about the other.

http://www.phonenumber.com/ I use this @ work and you can find next door neighbors etc if you do just the street.If you find a backgound check for free let me know. I use google.com and http://maps.google.com/maps I think mokeygirl showed us that one. Teyrn knows a lot of stuff maybe he can give you more information
    Matt
    Last edited by Hunker; 08-07-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Certain information isn't considered private and is available to the general public who want to search up and find the information. Larger cities, counties and states have online databases you can search, as said above. The only other alternative I guess is the old fashioned way of going through the local public records archives and start learning to use the micro film readers. I personally haven't ever done any detailed type of information gathering. Aside from what Rockford did in the old Rockford files shows I am really clueless here. There are a number of illegal ways to get detailed information on someone but it requires SS#'s and other personal information and all but impersonating this individual to get more data, it is akin to identiy theft and I wouldn't think worth the consequences to try.
    Teyrn

Thanks Hunker and Teryn. I'm not interested in doing anything illegal! I'm only trying to satisfy my curiousity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunker View Post
    http://www.phonenumber.com/ I use this @ work and you can find next door neighbors etc if you do just the street.If you find a backgound check for free let me know. I use google.com and http://maps.google.com/maps I think mokeygirl showed us that one. Teyrn knows a lot of stuff maybe he can give you more information
    Matt
    Another site that works really well is Reverse Phone Lookup Search

In Oklahoma we have oscn.net (Oklahoma Supreme Court Network) I used it to screen renters...tells any arrests, bankruptcy, have they been sued or have they sued...very interesting and informative and easy...put in a name and it shows every county in the state...much luck in your search...maybe googling to find court dockets? freedom of information act?

For home searches by address with aerials and current pricing try www.zillow.com.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    For home searches by address with aerials and current pricing try www.zillow.com.
    The Gov is spying they have reduced the value of my home BY 11% - I love our county, it's the best.