Thread: Quadriplegic Pushing Gloves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quadriplegic Pushing Gloves

One of the most common questions I get asked by other Quad's is "where did you get your gloves from ?".

So, as I get mine made for me, I have posted a pattern and directions on how to make a pair on my website.

I hope you find it of use:

http://www.apparelyzed.com/quadriplegic_gloves.html

Simon
    C5/6

Disabled Living & Spinal Cord Injuries
    http://www.apparelyzed.com/forums

Thank you, Simon. I'm actually wondering if you've slid under the no blatant advertising criterion with a free pattern for gloves. Or not. Advertising can be annoying but can also be helpful.

Also, I do think a reciprocal link to our site is probably appropriate don't you?

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Jeff,
    Just out of curiosity, does "no blatant advertising" apply to Project Walk which is frequently on this website? Am I missing something?

Che - I don't think you're missing anything.

It's hard to distinguish between advertising and raw information sometimes. Advertising is itself just a form of information.

Third parties without business interests can make all the recommendations they want. When they post the exact same information it's still not advertising.

We have members who do have business interests but who primarily participate in the forums the same as anyone else. I don't mind their association being in their signature.

And the good of the community is always an issue. If one discovered a cure for SCI and might benefit financially they should still come here and post about it in the Cure Forum.

AFA this particular topic, most quads purchase gloves. I doubt many of us will instead purchase leather, padding and thread and use a pattern and sew our gloves. I could be wrong. But when I click the supplied link I see a lot more than a pattern for gloves. It looks much more like a site selling a variety of products than a simple web page passing along a pattern for gloves.

I've seen moderators, including myself, relocate an advertisement to the proper forum but also post a third party recommendation at the same time. So each of us can handle things differently. If you have ideas about how we should handle advertising please start a topic in the Announcements & Feedback Forum. I'd like to hear people's ideas. Thanks.

Jeff,

YOur the man! Talking about gloves, it's time for me to painstakingly sew goat skin on the palm of weight lifters gloves with wrap around wrist support. Each glove takes about 3 hours, but well worth it. It is labor of love. Goat skin is vastly superior to cow hide. Propelling my chair up inclines is my source of excercise. I would like to hear about 3 River push rims. Fairly new on the market. Thank you Fellas!

Jeff,

Sorry if this seemed like blatent advertising, I just thought it would be of use to someone.

I have now changed my signature so as not to tell people about my site. I have also added CareCure to my Forums area.

Regards

Simon.

Simon - Thank you for adding a link to our site!

And if you ever have products you'd like to emphasize the Equipment & Services Forum is designed just for that purpose.

BTW, I thought your signature was fine the way it was. Feel free to include your website in your signature if you like.

Jeff,

Ok, thanks, I'll just add my signature in future.

Thanks

Simon.