Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moutain Bike Tire on Spinergy Wheels ???

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrauer View Post
    That Flight chair is very .. interresting. How much do they run? basic chair..

I'm extremly hard on chairs.. and if it does what it says, provides a rigid frame performance.. could be worth trying.

One of my concerns with chairs has always been a short wheelbase. Hit something up front and you can go tumbling out.
    start up a thread and maybe Keith will chime in !

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Yes, I'd be happy to answer questions on a dedicated thread. But, I guess I'll hijack this one for a moment and answer the questions.

SCI OTR
    the $250 gets you a $150 more pair of custom billet machined deluxe wider forks that accept the $100 more per pair wider upgraded softroll wheels.

amyk
    To allow for changing wheel size and placement we use a series of holes for large adjustment and a series of rock solid mating serrations for 1/16 of an inch adjustment. this old photo shows the mount behind an older wheel lock assembly. The entire assembly is then screwed into four of the wheelchair frame's ten attach points so that your wheel lock can not rotate or move like many "clamped onto a tube" accessories will. Every time we add an adjustment hole to our frame we incorporate a solid aluminum through bushing that strengthens the frame. Welded tubing wheelchairs either clamp things on with heavy clamps allowing for misalignment and slipping, or drill holes weakening the tube right where they need the strength, or weld stuff on with no adjustment. It is time to move away from the "patio furniture technology". Besides, to me all the tubing wheelchairs look like they were designed by plumbers.

We now provide a better wheel lock than the one shown and the gold cadmium plated hardware is now black cad plated. You can also mount the wheel locks high or low per your preference.

Rbrauer
    The basic chair is still $3500 as of today. We have some pleasant changes forthcoming with regard to our pricing structure.
    Our wheelbase is fairly standard and stable, with 2&1/2 inches of center of gravity adjustment on the rear wheel placement. We also offer three degree cambered axle plates. The rear wheels set in very close depending on the hub design. The Spinergy wheels have a recessed hub that allows them to set in the closest. The casters track about 1&1/8 inches inside of a spinergy everyday hub wheel with no camber. The Sun rim puts the wheel about another 1/2 inch further out and three degrees of camber puts the bottom of the tire about 5/8 of an inch further out.

The basic chair is still $3500 as of today. We have some pleasant changes forthcoming with regard to our pricing structure.
    That was quick!
    Hey, our new pricing structure is now out. We've been working for the last eight months or so on reducing the price of the Flight and are happy to announce that the new retail price is $2950.
    We also have reworked our structure with the dealers to give them what they need, so they can sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair Designer View Post
    That was quick!
    Hey, our new pricing structure is now out. We've been working for the last eight months or so on reducing the price of the Flight and are happy to announce that the new retail price is $2950.
    We also have reworked our structure with the dealers to give them what they need, so they can sell them.
    Charging less than $250 for 1.5" soft rolls and a wider fork could also lower your MSRP.

Charging less than $250 for 1.5" soft rolls and a wider fork could also lower your MSRP.
    Actually if we dropped our margin on the optional equipment we'd have to make that back up by raising the MSRP and vice versa.

Unfortunately Medicare/Medicaid and the many private insurance companies that mirror their same maximum allowable for an entire class of wheelchair (K0005 ultralight wheelchair) create a system where manufacturers and dealers get paid the most by putting you into the cheapest possible wheelchair. I'm talking about actual manufacturing cost, not the MSRP that you see advertised. Companies like the one I work for that use quality materials, engineer new technology, and manufacture in the USA to higher quality standards don't get a cent more from these third party payers above the maximum allowable for producing a better product. We depend on you the consumer to spot our innovative product, recognize the value and insist that your dealer sell you our product and not the 'rolling recall' that is going to put the most money in their pocket.
    Did you see the I-bot got pulled off the market? Same reason. The way the system works does not allow for the government to pay more to get something with extra or better features. Anyhow I'd like to change all that, but if Johnson & Johnson can't buy a change in the politics. I don't know who can. Right now we're depending on customers like you to demand superior products like ours and be willing to pay a little extra out of pocket if you can't get the powers that be to cover it all.
    Does that sound fair? At least until our politicians fix everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair Designer View Post
    Actually if we dropped our margin on the optional equipment we'd have to make that back up by raising the MSRP and vice versa.
    I was implying that the wider fork should be standard to begin with. It would seem to me that having one wider fork capable of accommodating both caster widths would reduce your production costs. Forget about Medicare/Medicaid, your primary market will be direct to consumer sales and the VA (at least for now). I believe this will become the case for most high end manual wheelchairs. The opinions expressed by members of this forum constitute the best feedback you can get about your target market. Whether it would be in your best interest to defend your position or simply listen is up to you.

I function in two separate worlds. I am a VA seating therapist who might recommend the Flight as a backup wheelchair for a veteran who travels or perhaps as a primary chair for a veteran who has very specific needs related to being able to load it into a vehicle. I am not a veteran, however, and purchased my own wheelchair out of pocket because I knew our private insurance would not approve anything close to what I needed. In either world, it the concept of value combined with meeting the end user's functional needs that largely influence my decisions & recommendations, and not "reimbursement". I think your product should be marketed with that in mind.

I'll have a chance to see your product at ISS next month and perhaps meet you in person. I look forward to it.

SCI_OTR,
    OK I'm listening. Right now we're not scheduled to be at ISS. Maybe one of our dealers or reps will be there with a demo. If I find out for sure I'll let you know.

so id like to get some 22" spinergy wheels and you all r saying that a regular 24" mountain bike tire will fit on them?
    Brrraaapppp!

Just came across this thread while looking for info on Spinergys. About the Flight chair ... you seem like a nice guy and I like what you're saying about the industry but how do I say this, this is the most unattractive chair I've ever seen. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, it's just that I was shocked when I saw the chair. I thought it was some kind of homemade mock-up.

When I look at the chair, it's all I can see, it draws my eye and not in a good way. I don't know what kind of available performance would be necessary for me to consider the Flight. Again sorry for the criticism, but I think it's incredibly ugly.

If it's a good chair, I hope it does well and people enjoy them. I'm in love with my Tilite TR.
    Last edited by grommet; 07-19-2010 at 10:36 PM.

I've met one lady with the chair and she says loves it and it does what she wanted it to do. I agree though that it a ugly chair, seeing it in person and under some one didn't make it less ugly.
    Most everything I say is